* Export to ascii simpler
@ 2009-09-29 14:46 andrea Crotti
From: andrea Crotti @ 2009-09-29 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is there a very quick way to copy some text from an emacs buffer
taking away the indentation?  org-export-as-ascii creates a new file,
I only need in the ring (and in osx buffer) the text copied.  I can
copy to another buffer than do a *kill-rectangle* on it but it's quite
a long procedure..

* Re: Export to ascii simpler
@ 2009-09-29 16:44 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-09-29 16:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrea Crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a very quick way to copy some text from an emacs buffer
> taking away the indentation?  org-export-as-ascii creates a new file,
> I only need in the ring (and in osx buffer) the text copied.  I can
> copy to another buffer than do a *kill-rectangle* on it but it's quite
> a long procedure..

I'm not sure I understand what you want - it's also not clear to me
whether this has anything to do with org-mode, but here goes:

o Forget about copying to another buffer: kill the rectangle in the
original buffer and then undo.

or:

o Mark the region, do C-0 C-M-\ to take away the indentation, M-w to
copy it to the kill ring, then undo to restore the indentation.

Does this help?

Nick

* Re: Export to ascii simpler
@ 2009-09-30  0:20 ` Andrew Stribblehill
From: Andrew Stribblehill @ 2009-09-30  0:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: andrea Crotti; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I export to ascii with C-c C-e a, then can Apple-v the exported text
into whatever I choose.