* Wishlist: see what I did last week in agenda view
@ 2009-08-17 16:30 Andrew Stribblehill
From: Andrew Stribblehill @ 2009-08-17 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I can almost get there; it's quite frustrating...

I am trying to concoct an agenda view in which every item that has a
clock entry or timestamp for the past week shows up -- and preferably
those for the forthcoming week. This is so I can make a weekly report
of what I've done.

The timeline view seems like it should be perfect for this but it's
only able to show the timeline for one file at a time.

How might I get this? Or if it's not easily possible, does anyone on
the list have a recipe for what they do for their weekly work log?

* Re: Wishlist: see what I did last week in agenda view
@ 2009-08-17 17:31 ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-08-17 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Stribblehill; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Andrew Stribblehill <ads@wompom.org> writes:

> I am trying to concoct an agenda view in which every item that has a
> clock entry or timestamp for the past week shows up -- and preferably
> those for the forthcoming week. This is so I can make a weekly report
> of what I've done.

> How might I get this? Or if it's not easily possible, does anyone on
> the list have a recipe for what they do for their weekly work log?

Have you tried the agenda log view yet? Simply type "l" in the agenda.
To see an entire week of logged items, you can type "w" and then
navigate through the weeks with the arrow keys.

You can control what types of items are visible in the log with the
variable org-agenda-log-mode-items.

Best,
Matt

* Re: Wishlist: see what I did last week in agenda view
@ 2009-08-17 17:55   ` Andrew Stribblehill
From: Andrew Stribblehill @ 2009-08-17 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/8/17 Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>:
> Andrew Stribblehill <ads@wompom.org> writes:
>
>> I am trying to concoct an agenda view in which every item that has a
>> clock entry or timestamp for the past week shows up -- and preferably
>> those for the forthcoming week. This is so I can make a weekly report
>> of what I've done.

>> How might I get this? Or if it's not easily possible, does anyone on
>> the list have a recipe for what they do for their weekly work log?
>
> Have you tried the agenda log view yet? Simply type "l" in the agenda.
> To see an entire week of logged items, you can type "w" and then
> navigate through the weeks with the arrow keys.
>
> You can control what types of items are visible in the log with the
> variable org-agenda-log-mode-items.

That's great, thanks. It's especially useful with the clock-report
addition. Now to make a custom agenda view that sets everything up
just so... :)

* Re: Re: Wishlist: see what I did last week in agenda view
@ 2009-08-18  5:39     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-08-18  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Stribblehill; +Cc: Matt Lundin, emacs-orgmode

On Aug 17, 2009, at 6:55 PM, Andrew Stribblehill wrote:

> 2009/8/17 Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org>:
>> Andrew Stribblehill <ads@wompom.org> writes:
>>
>>> I am trying to concoct an agenda view in which every item that has a
>>> clock entry or timestamp for the past week shows up -- and
>>> preferably
>>> those for the forthcoming week. This is so I can make a weekly
>>> report
>>> of what I've done.

>>> How might I get this? Or if it's not easily possible, does anyone on
>>> the list have a recipe for what they do for their weekly work log?
>>
>> Have you tried the agenda log view yet? Simply type "l" in the
>> agenda.
>> To see an entire week of logged items, you can type "w" and then
>> navigate through the weeks with the arrow keys.
>>
>> You can control what types of items are visible in the log with the
>> variable org-agenda-log-mode-items.
>
> That's great, thanks. It's especially useful with the clock-report
> addition. Now to make a custom agenda view that sets everything up
> just so... :)

This can be done with custom commands.
Set `org-agenda-start-with-log-mode' and
`org-agenda-start-with-clockreport-mode' in the options section
for the command.

- Carsten