* [mobileorg] mobileorg.org empty on webdav, mobileorg still showing items
@ 2009-11-19 17:19 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-11-19 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hello list!

Sorry for the constant inflow of emails about mobileorg. The thing is that I
liked so much this piece of software and the way it integrates with the
already awesome orgmode that I feel under the duty to share any behavior
that might happen to be a bug/non-expected.

This one relates to the capture feature. When I capture on orgmobile and
sync, the notes go to the mobileorg.org file. When I do a org-mobile-pull
from emacs, emacs takes all these items and copy them to from_mobile.org,
emptying mobileorg.org. Just after that, @mobileorg, if I sync again, the
capture view still shows the items I captured, however, since
mobileorg.orgis empty, I don't think they should be shown there.

Also, I have noted that when I capture something new, the capture icon is
decorated with a number icon that shows the  number fo the new notes I have
taken. When I sync, this icon disappears, but the "old" notes are still
shown. Am I missing something in here?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

* Re: [mobileorg] mobileorg.org empty on webdav, mobileorg still showing items
@ 2009-11-19 17:40 ` Richard Moreland
From: Richard Moreland @ 2009-11-19 17:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: Org Mode

Hi Marcelo,

On Nov 19, 2009, at 12:19 PM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote:

> This one relates to the capture feature. When I capture on orgmobile and
> sync, the notes go to the mobileorg.org file. When I do a org-mobile-pull
> from emacs, emacs takes all these items and copy them to from_mobile.org,
> emptying mobileorg.org. Just after that, @mobileorg, if I sync again, the
> capture view still shows the items I captured, however, since
> mobileorg.orgis empty, I don't think they should be shown there.

You should do a push operation after a pull.  The push operation will update the checksum file and let MobileOrg know to fetch your updated mobileorg.org file (which should now be empty).

A push will almost always make sense to do after you've pulled and fully integrated your mobile changes.

> Also, I have noted that when I capture something new, the capture icon is
> decorated with a number icon that shows the  number fo the new notes I have
> taken. When I sync, this icon disappears, but the "old" notes are still
> shown. Am I missing something in here?

The red counter badges indicate changes that have been made that need syncing (like count of new notes since the last sync, or in the case of the Outlines tab, number of edits waiting to be synced).  They do not indicate the number of notes you've captured, though this may sometimes happen to be the same.

Hope this helps,
Richard

@ 2009-11-19 17:45   ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-11-19 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)