* [GTD] Keeping a log of the activities - putting archive to good use
@ 2009-10-20 16:12 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-10-20 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hello list,

In the excellent article that Charles Cave wrote, he says that he keeps a
journal.org file to keep log of things he did during the day. I was thinking
what was the relationship of this category with the newgtd.org_archive,
which is essentially a log of the activities, and that even includes the
timestamp of when they were marked as DONE (The CLOSED metadata).

IMHO opinion though, I don't think there's the need of a journal.org file (I
do keep a journal, but for more reflexive reasons, like, everyday in the
morning or at night I write about the day or problems or myself or things or
just a canvas for my thoughts, that, although could be considered a log, is
not the same as keeping track of things, like the one Charles uses is).

So, if we could write a function that getting a date input could parse this
file and return the DONE items of this specific day, we could then just rely
on that for log of activities (we collect, process, organize, review, do and
when we need to know what we did, we can rely on this list).

What do you think?

Marcelo.