* Recurring events/tasks
@ 2009-02-02 23:55 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-02-02 23:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello List,

Firstly, I would like to congratulate Carsten and everyone else who helped
making org-mode this killer software it is. Kudos!

So here's my doubt -- I was scheduling a task in my org gtd list and felt
the need for scheduled events that would show-up automatically every n time
(recurring). Is there a way to do that in org?

Thanks,

Marcelo.

* Re: Recurring events/tasks
@ 2009-02-03  0:44 ` Mark Elston
From: Mark Elston @ 2009-02-03  0:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marcelo,

Here is what I have for two meetings that occur weekly:

** Weekly Review Meeting
    <2009-01-26 Mon 13:30-14:30 +1w>
** OPR
    <2009-01-20 Tue 11:00-12:00 +1w>

Notice these are not "Scheduled" but have a date entry where the last
element is "+1w".  This is used to put it on the agenda every week after
the first date.  There are other such things you can do.  From the
manual:

A time stamp may contain a @emph{repeater interval}, indicating that it
applies not only on the given date, but again and again after a certain
interval of N days (d), weeks (w), months(m), or years(y).  The
following will show up in the agenda every Wednesday:

@example
* Pick up Sam at school <2007-05-16 Wed 12:30 +1w>
@end example

Hope this helps.

Mark

* Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote (on 2/2/2009 3:55 PM):
> Hello List,
>
> Firstly, I would like to congratulate Carsten and everyone else who
> helped making org-mode this killer software it is. Kudos!
>
> So here's my doubt -- I was scheduling a task in my org gtd list and
> felt the need for scheduled events that would show-up automatically
> every n time (recurring). Is there a way to do that in org?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marcelo.

* Re: Recurring events/tasks
@ 2009-02-03  1:02   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2009-02-03  1:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m.elston; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Mark Elston <m.elston@advantest-ard.com> writes:

> * Marcelo de Moraes Serpa wrote (on 2/2/2009 3:55 PM):
>> Firstly, I would like to congratulate Carsten and everyone else who
>> helped making org-mode this killer software it is. Kudos!
>>
>> So here's my doubt -- I was scheduling a task in my org gtd list and
>> felt the need for scheduled events that would show-up automatically
>> every n time (recurring). Is there a way to do that in org?
>>
> Here is what I have for two meetings that occur weekly:
>
> ** Weekly Review Meeting
>    <2009-01-26 Mon 13:30-14:30 +1w>
> ** OPR
>    <2009-01-20 Tue 11:00-12:00 +1w>
>
> Notice these are not "Scheduled" but have a date entry where the last
> element is "+1w".  This is used to put it on the agenda every week after
> the first date.  There are other such things you can do.  From the
> manual:

> A time stamp may contain a @emph{repeater interval}, indicating that it
> applies not only on the given date, but again and again after a certain
> interval of N days (d), weeks (w), months(m), or years(y).  The
> following will show up in the agenda every Wednesday:
>
> @example
> * Pick up Sam at school <2007-05-16 Wed 12:30 +1w>
> @end example

Here's the org mode manual page about repeated tasks

http://orgmode.org/manual/Repeated-tasks.html#Repeated-tasks

You can use repeaters like +1w, ++1w, .+1w, etc

-Bernt

* Re: Recurring events/tasks
@ 2009-02-03 15:07     ` Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2009-02-03 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)