* Strange behavior of C-RET and C-S-RET
@ 2008-10-27 17:50 Sergey A.
From: Sergey A. @ 2008-10-27 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

Firstly, thanks for org-mode! This mode is awesome!

I think I've found a bug (but this bug is of little importance).

For example, I have the following folded headline:

*[*]* Read books...

where [] indicates where cursor is. In this case the cursor is over
the second asterisk (this note is important).

If I want to create another headline which is of the same level as the
current one I should press C-<RET>.

Here is what happens when I do that:

*** Read books
*** []

Content of the "Read books" headline isn't losed, but wrong position
of "..." confuses me (and maybe forces some users to think that the
content was losed).

The same happens when using C-S-<RET> instead of C-<RET>.

I use org-mode 6.10c, coming with the latest emacs from CVS.

Here is part of my config file related to org-mode:

;; The following lines are always needed.  Choose your own keys.
(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)  ; Org buffers only

(setq org-special-ctrl-a/e t)
(setq org-hide-leading-stars t)
(setq org-odd-levels-only t)
(setq org-cycle-separator-lines 1)
(setq org-goto-auto-isearch nil)

--
Sergey A.

* Re: Strange behavior of C-RET and C-S-RET
@ 2008-10-27 21:43 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-27 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey A.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I cannot reproduce this problem.  Can anyone else?

- Carsten

@ 2008-10-28  1:13   ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2008-10-28  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I can't reproduce this either.

-Bernt

@ 2008-10-28 16:40   ` Peter Jones
From: Peter Jones @ 2008-10-28 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
> I cannot reproduce this problem.  Can anyone else?

It happens to me sometimes.  I'll see if I can come up with a test case
that will reproduce this on demand.  Then I can look into fixing it.

--
Peter Jones, http://pmade.com
pmade inc.  Louisville, CO US

* Re: Strange behavior of C-RET and C-S-RET
@ 2008-11-01  1:22 ` Sergey A.
From: Sergey A. @ 2008-11-01  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

I didn't think that the bug will be so difficult to reproduce.

In my case, the bug always happens with the following file:

*** foo
***** bar

Below is the steps to reproduce that 100% works to me:

1) File is opened, headline is folded, cursor is on the second asterisk:

*[*]* foo...

2) After pressing C-<RET>, I see the following:

*** foo
***

If instead of "***** bar" there is "    bar", then the bug doesn't happen.

I've deleted some tweaks to orgmode, so my config now is:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("\\.org\\'" . org-mode))
(global-set-key "\C-cl" 'org-store-link)
(global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
(global-set-key "\C-cb" 'org-iswitchb)

(add-hook 'org-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)

I've rebuild my emacs from CVS before testing.

P.S. I use Archlinux.

--
Sergey.

* Re: Re: Strange behavior of C-RET and C-S-RET
@ 2008-11-02  7:43   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-11-02  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey A.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I believe this is fixed now, please verify.

- Carsten

@ 2008-11-03 12:09     ` Sergey A.
From: Sergey A. @ 2008-11-03 12:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello.

I verified. The latest org-mode from git doesn't contain this bug. Thanks a lot!