From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: "Daniel J. Sinder" <djsinder@gmail.com>
Cc: Org Mode List <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Latex export & Prosper Presentation
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:46:17 +0200	[thread overview]

On Oct 4, 2008, at 7:22 AM, Daniel J. Sinder wrote:

> Russell Adams wrote:
>> I've gotten a basic export to Prosper working for a presentation I'm
>> writing to give this weekend.
>> Here is the extra portion for .emacs:
>> (setq org-export-latex-classes (cons '("prosper"
>>     "% BEGIN Prosper Defaults
>> \\documentclass[pdf, contemporain]{prosper}
>> \\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>> \\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
>> \\usepackage[colorlinks,linkcolor=blue]{hyperref}
>> % END Prosper Defaults
>> "
>>     ("\\begin{slide}{%s}" . "\\begin{slide}{%s}"))
>>                                     org-export-latex-classes))
>> Unfortunately it doesn't appear that I can add a closure for the
>> slide, so a manual "\end{slide}" must go at the end of each.
>
> Thanks for describing this -- it works great!
>
> The \end{slide} issue is a drag though.  In fact, I'm now wondering
> if it's possible to have a backward compatible change to org-export-
> latex-classes that adds optional 3rd and 4th sectioning strings to
> close each section so that the structure is:
>
> (class-name
>  header-string
>    (unnumbered-section numbered-section
>    [unnumbered-section-close numbered-section-close])
>    ...)
> where I've used square braces to indicate optional elements -- sorry
> I'm not much of a Lisp programmer.
>
> Something like this would provide a lot more flexibility, and would
> allow one to do all sorts of "fancy" things -- minipages, boxes,
> maybe pictures constructed from hierarchical elements, etc.  You
> could even do tables without using org tables, say if the elements
> contain multiple paragraphs, which doesn't work so neatly in org
> tables.
>
> Does anyone else think this would be useful?

Hi Daniel, I do!

This is a good idea, and I have implemented it.  The structures are
now

   (class-name
    header-string
      (numbered-heading . unnumbered-heading)
      .......)

or

   (class-name
    header-string
      (numbered-open numbered-close unnumbered-open unnumbered-close)
      .......)

Mixtures of the two are also allowed.

- Carsten