* Latex export & Prosper Presentation
@ 2008-09-26 16:33 Russell Adams
From: Russell Adams @ 2008-09-26 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

I've gotten a basic export to Prosper working for a presentation I'm
writing to give this weekend.

Here is the extra portion for .emacs:
(setq org-export-latex-classes (cons '("prosper"
     "% BEGIN Prosper Defaults
\\documentclass[pdf, contemporain]{prosper}
\\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\\usepackage[colorlinks,linkcolor=blue]{hyperref}
% END Prosper Defaults

"
     ("\\begin{slide}{%s}" . "\\begin{slide}{%s}"))
                                     org-export-latex-classes))

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that I can add a closure for the
slide, so a manual "\end{slide}" must go at the end of each.

Attached is the sample presentation, and it compiles after export
with:

latex Backups.tex && dvips Backups.dvi && ps2pdf Backups.ps

The pdflatex command doesn't work with Prosper.

Enjoy!

[-- Attachment #2: Backups.org --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 723 bytes --]

#+LaTeX_CLASS: prosper
#+TITLE:     Linux Backups
#+AUTHOR:    Russell Adams
#+EMAIL:     rladams@adamsinfoserv.com
#+DATE:      <2008-09-26 Fri>
#+LANGUAGE:  en
#+INFOJS_OPT: view:nil toc:nil ltoc:t mouse:underline buttons:0 path:http://orgmode.org/org-info.js

* Linux Backup

| a | B | C |
|---+---+---|
| 1 | 2 | 3 |

\end{slide}

* cp

Yadda

 - A
 - B
 - C

\end{slide}

* tar

Yadda

 - A
 - B
 - C

\end{slide}

* Amanda

Yadda

 - A
 - B
 - C

\end{slide}

* rsnapshot

Yadda

 - A
 - B
 - C

\end{slide}

* Duplicity

Yadda

 - A
 - B
 - C

\end{slide}

* BackupPC

Yadda

 - A
 - B
 - C

\end{slide}

* Re: Latex export & Prosper Presentation
@ 2008-10-04  5:22 ` Daniel J. Sinder
From: Daniel J. Sinder @ 2008-10-04  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Russell Adams wrote:
> I've gotten a basic export to Prosper working for a presentation I'm
> writing to give this weekend.
>
> Here is the extra portion for .emacs:
> (setq org-export-latex-classes (cons '("prosper"
>      "% BEGIN Prosper Defaults
> \\documentclass[pdf, contemporain]{prosper}
> \\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \\usepackage[colorlinks,linkcolor=blue]{hyperref}
> % END Prosper Defaults
>
> "
>      ("\\begin{slide}{%s}" . "\\begin{slide}{%s}"))
>                                      org-export-latex-classes))
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't appear that I can add a closure for the
> slide, so a manual "\end{slide}" must go at the end of each.

Thanks for describing this -- it works great!

The \end{slide} issue is a drag though.  In fact, I'm now wondering
if it's possible to have a backward compatible change to
org-export-latex-classes that adds optional 3rd and 4th sectioning
strings to close each section so that the structure is:

(class-name
   header-string
     (unnumbered-section numbered-section
     [unnumbered-section-close numbered-section-close])
     ...)

where I've used square braces to indicate optional elements -- sorry
I'm not much of a Lisp programmer.

Something like this would provide a lot more flexibility, and would
allow one to do all sorts of "fancy" things -- minipages, boxes,
maybe pictures constructed from hierarchical elements, etc.  You
could even do tables without using org tables, say if the elements
contain multiple paragraphs, which doesn't work so neatly in org tables.

Does anyone else think this would be useful?

Dan

* Re: Latex export & Prosper Presentation
@ 2008-10-04 16:36 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-04 16:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russell Adams; +Cc: Org Mode List

On Sep 26, 2008, at 6:33 PM, Russell Adams wrote:

> I've gotten a basic export to Prosper working for a presentation I'm
> writing to give this weekend.
>
> Here is the extra portion for .emacs:
> (setq org-export-latex-classes (cons '("prosper"
>    "% BEGIN Prosper Defaults
> \\documentclass[pdf, contemporain]{prosper}
> \\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
> \\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
> \\usepackage[colorlinks,linkcolor=blue]{hyperref}
> % END Prosper Defaults
>
> "
>    ("\\begin{slide}{%s}" . "\\begin{slide}{%s}"))
>                                    org-export-latex-classes))
>
> Unfortunately it doesn't appear that I can add a closure for the
> slide, so a manual "\end{slide}" must go at the end of each.

As a hack, until we get around to define a closure:  I guess you could
live with a single empty first slide?

Then you can do

    ("\\end{slide}\n\\begin{slide}{%s}" . "\\end{slide}\n\\begin{slide}
{%s}"))
                                    org-export-latex-classes))

And just put a single \begin{slide} at the beginning and a single
\end{slide} at the end.....

- Carsten

* Re: Latex export & Prosper Presentation
@ 2008-10-14 18:46   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-10-14 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Daniel J. Sinder; +Cc: Org Mode List