* Custom agenda search with variable?
@ 2018-03-02  2:33 mediapathic steen
From: mediapathic steen @ 2018-03-02  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

I have a project named "clocks", and thus everything related to it across multiple files is tagged that.

I have a custom agenda search that looks like

 ("C" "Clocks"
               ((agenda "" nil)
                (tags-todo "clocks/NEXT|DRAFT"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next")))
                (tags-todo "clocks/TODO"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Todo")))
                (tags-todo "clocks/WAITING"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Waiting")))
                (tags-todo "clocks/RESEARCH"
                           ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Research")))
              ))

This same basic setup is something I want to be able to see for several projects. What I would like to do is have essentially this search, but in a form wherein I am queried for the project name (in reality, just a tag), and it gives me this search for that tag. Is there any reasonable way to do that? I've looked through the custom agenda views section on worg and didn't find anything that looked related.

(For anyone curious, I'm a writer, and "Clocks" is a novel. I'd like to be able to see a focused and sorted view like this for every piece I'm working on at any given moment.)

Thanks,
-- Steen

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-03-02  2:33 UTC | newest]