emacs-orgmode@gnu.org archives
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* where to place org-mode and remember lisp files
@ 2009-05-12 20:35 Henri Fischer
  2009-05-12 21:14 ` Nick Dokos
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 2+ messages in thread
From: Henri Fischer @ 2009-05-12 20:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1321 bytes --]

Hi,

I'm having trouble using org-mode version 6.26d in combination with Emacs
22.3.1 (i386-apple-darwin-9.6.0, Carbon version 1.6.0) which contains
org-mode 5.23a.
The 6.26d source files are stored in ~/elisp. The Remember source files I
placed in ~/elisp/remember.
Without (setq load-path (cons "~/elisp" load-path)) in my .emacs, I'm
running 5.23a which allows me to export org files to Latex and to use
Remember. With (setq load-path (cons "~/elisp" load-path) in my .emacs sure
enough version 6.26d is loaded. However exporting an org file to Latex and
using C-c r for Remember both result in to errors. See below. Any idea how I
can solve these errors? I would like to keep my org-mode and Remember source
files in the locations mentioned above. I've been moving the source files
arround (for instance the new source files to
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes, but with no
success. Thanks for your help.

Henri

error when exporting to Latex:
Exporting to LaTeX...
org-export-latex-content: Symbol's function definition is void:
org-cleaned-string-for-export

error when exporting to Latex and proces to pdf:
if: Wrong type argument: commandp, org-export-as-pdf

error when using C-c r for Remember:
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Autoloading failed to define function
org-remember")

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 1429 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 204 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list.
Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

* Re: where to place org-mode and remember lisp files
  2009-05-12 20:35 where to place org-mode and remember lisp files Henri Fischer
@ 2009-05-12 21:14 ` Nick Dokos
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 2+ messages in thread
From: Nick Dokos @ 2009-05-12 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Henri Fischer; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Henri Fischer <henri.fischer@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm having trouble using org-mode version 6.26d in combination with Emacs 22.3.1
> (i386-apple-darwin-9.6.0, Carbon version 1.6.0) which contains org-mode 5.23a.
> The 6.26d source files are stored in ~/elisp. The Remember source files I placed in ~/elisp/
> remember.
> Without (setq load-path (cons "~/elisp" load-path)) in my .emacs, I'm running 5.23a which allows me
> to export org files to Latex and to use Remember. With (setq load-path (cons "~/elisp" load-path) in
> my .emacs sure enough version 6.26d is loaded. However exporting an org file to Latex and using C-c
> r for Remember both result in to errors. See below. Any idea how I can solve these errors? I would
> like to keep my org-mode and Remember source files in the locations mentioned above. I've been
> moving the source files arround (for instance the new source files to /Applications/Emacs.app/
> Contents/Resources/lisp/textmodes, but with no success. Thanks for your help.
> 

What exactly is in ~/elisp? You say the source files, but are you unpacking the tar
file there? If so, adding ~/elisp to your load path is almost certainly wrong: the lisp
files are in a subdirectory called "lisp".

Use locate-library to find out where you are getting all these:

(locate-library "org")
(locate-library "remember")

Then figure out where you *should* be getting them from.

You probably need to do something like this in your .emacs (substitute
your values as indicated):

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/path/to/directory/containing/org.el-6.26d")
(add-to-list 'load-path "~/path/to/directory/containing/remember.el")

[...and possibly more: e.g. the contrib/lisp directory]

> 
> error when exporting to Latex:
> Exporting to LaTeX...
> org-export-latex-content: Symbol's function definition is void: org-cleaned-string-for-export
>
 
Since org-export-latex-content does not call
org-cleaned-string-for-export (at least in my setup - in fact, I don't
think the function exists any longer), I assume that you are using some
remnants of the 5.23a installation, perhaps mixing-n-matching
pieces from the two installs.

> error when exporting to Latex and proces to pdf:
> if: Wrong type argument: commandp, org-export-as-pdf
> 
> error when using C-c r for Remember:
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Autoloading failed to define function org-remember")
> 

Nick

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2009-05-12 21:15 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 2+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2009-05-12 20:35 where to place org-mode and remember lisp files Henri Fischer
2009-05-12 21:14 ` Nick Dokos

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).