* LaTeX export with section number, name and page in internal links
@ 2015-12-03  5:36 Ilya Filippov
From: Ilya Filippov @ 2015-12-03  5:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I export my Org-Mode notes with internal links to LaTeX and I want it to look like this ''Section 1.1 [Section name], page 99'' (Like in the Org Manual). I use this construction:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
 * Chapter 1
 ** Section 1.1
    :PROPERTIES:
    :CUSTOM_ID: section-1
    :END:
 * Chapter 2
 ** Section 2.1
I want reference to Section 1.1 from here (See #section-1)
#+END_EXAMPLE

But as a result I get only the number of the section ''1.1'', not the ''Section 1.1 [Section name], page 99''.
What options I need to use?

Here (http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/18547/org-mode-latex-export-with-section-number-name-and-page-in-internal-links), I was advised to use a Fancyref, but I have no idea how I may use it with Org-Mode syntax.

- - - - - - - - - - -
Ilya Filippov
Yugra State University (Khanty-Mansiysk)

* LaTeX export with section number, name and page in internal links
@ 2015-12-03 11:08 Ilya
From: Ilya @ 2015-12-03 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[...]

* Re: LaTeX export with section number, name and page in internal links
@ 2015-12-03 11:31 ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-12-03 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Try this.

* Chapter 1
** Section 1.1  \label{manual-section-1}
    :PROPERTIES:
    :CUSTOM_ID: section-1
    :END:
* Chapter 2
** Section 2.1
I want reference to Section 1.1 from here (See Section
\ref{manual-section-1} on page \pageref{manual-section-1})

John

-----------------------------------
Professor John Kitchin
Doherty Hall A207F
Department of Chemical Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
412-268-7803
@johnkitchin
http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu

@ 2015-12-03 13:30   ` Ilya Filippov
From: Ilya Filippov @ 2015-12-03 13:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

* Fwd:  LaTeX export with section number, name and page in internal links
@ 2015-12-03 14:27   ` Ilya Filippov
From: Ilya Filippov @ 2015-12-03 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

* Re: LaTeX export with section number, name and page in internal links
@ 2015-12-08 14:19     ` Ken Mankoff
From: Ken Mankoff @ 2015-12-08 14:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilya Filippov; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, John Kitchin

> 03.12.2015, 16:31, "John Kitchin" <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu>:
>
>     Try this.
>
>     * Chapter 1
>     ** Section 1.1 \label{manual-section-1}
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :CUSTOM_ID: section-1
>     :END:
>     * Chapter 2
>     ** Section 2.1
>     I want reference to Section 1.1 from here (See Section \ref
>     {manual-section-1} on page \pageref{manual-section-1})

This, and its limitations (what if the pageref is on the same page?) is why fancyref was created. I think the solution here is to have a

#+LATEX_HEADER: \renewcommand{\fref}{\ref}

or something like that, but I'm not sure of the exact syntax.

  -k.

* Re: LaTeX export with section number, name and page in internal links
@ 2015-12-08 16:48 ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2015-12-08 16:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ilya, emacs-orgmode

Hi Ilya,

Ilya <filip83pov@yandex.ru> writes:

> I export my Org-Mode notes with internal links to LaTeX and I want it to
> look like this ''Section 1.1 [Section name], page 99'' (Like in the Org
> Manual). I use this construction:
>
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
>  * Chapter 1
>  ** Section 1.1
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :CUSTOM_ID: section-1
>     :END:
>  * Chapter 2
>  ** Section 2.1
> I want reference to Section 1.1 from here (See #section-1)
> #+END_EXAMPLE
>
> But as a result I get only the number of the section ''1.1'', not the
> ''Section 1.1 [Section name], page 99''.
> What options I need to use?

I do something like this with custom link types.

First of all, have a look at the variable

org-latex-prefer-user-labels

if you haven't already.  Setting it will cause Org to use CUSTOM_ID
properties to generate labels, so you don't need to manually insert your
own.

I use the following bit of Elisp to define some link types for referring
to sections this way.  You could modify this to insert the LaTeX command
you're interested in (as opposed to just \ref{}).  With your example
above, you'd write something like

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
I want reference to Section 1.1 from here (See [[sec:section-1]]).
#+END_EXAMPLE

Here's the code:
#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
;; Link types for targeting sections, tables, etc.
;; These assume that headlines with CUSTOM_ID defined will export using
;; that value as their \label keys.
(defun org-find-headline-by-custom-id (prefix path)
  "Find a headline in the current buffer by CUSTOM_ID value PREFIX:PATH."
  (save-excursion
    (goto-char (point-min))
     (and
      ; borrowed from org.el; there doesn't seem to be a function that searches
      ; for a headline with a specific property value
      (re-search-forward
       (concat "^[ \t]*:CUSTOM_ID:[ \t]+" prefix ":" path "[ \t]*$") nil t)
      (setq pos (match-beginning 0))))
   (if pos
       (progn
	 (goto-char pos)
	 (org-back-to-heading t))
     (message (format "Headline with CUSTOM_ID %s:%s not found." prefix path))))

(defun org-export-dissertation-link (prefix path desc format)
  "Export a link to a dissertation section, etc.

In LaTeX, the exported link will look like:
  DESC~\\ref{PREFIX:PATH}
"
    (when (member format '(latex linguistics))
      (format "%s~\\ref{%s:%s}" desc prefix path)))

; Sections:
(org-add-link-type
 "sec"
 (lambda (path)
   (org-find-headline-by-custom-id "sec" path))
 (lambda (path desc format)
   (org-export-dissertation-link "sec" path (or desc "Section") format)))

; etc. etc.
#+END_SRC elisp

Best,
Richard

OpenPGP Key ID: CF6FA646
Fingerprint: 9969 43E1 CF6F A646

(See http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~rwl/encryption.html for more information.)

* Re: LaTeX export with section number, name and page in internal links
@ 2015-12-08 20:29   ` John Kitchin
From: John Kitchin @ 2015-12-08 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Lawrence; +Cc: Ilya, emacs-orgmode

> I do something like this with custom link types.
Aha! I am not the only one ;)

> First of all, have a look at the variable
>
> org-latex-prefer-user-labels

Is this a new 8.3 variable? It doesn't seem to be in my 8.2.10 MELPA
version.

> if you haven't already.  Setting it will cause Org to use CUSTOM_ID
> properties to generate labels, so you don't need to manually insert your
> own.
>
> I use the following bit of Elisp to define some link types for referring
> to sections this way.  You could modify this to insert the LaTeX command
> you're interested in (as opposed to just \ref{}).  With your example
> above, you'd write something like

I like your idea. I think you could simplify it to just:

(org-add-link-type
 "sec"
 (lambda (path)
   (org-open-link-from-string (format "[[#%s]]" path)))
 (lambda (path desc format)
   (cond
    ((eq format 'latex)
     (format "%s~\\ref{%s}" (or desc "Section") path)))))

and refer to [[sec:section-1]] that looks like this below.

** some title
   :PROPERTIES:
   :CUSTOM_ID: section-1
   :END:

--

@ 2015-12-09 17:47     ` Richard Lawrence
From: Richard Lawrence @ 2015-12-09 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Kitchin; +Cc: Ilya, emacs-orgmode

John Kitchin <jkitchin@andrew.cmu.edu> writes:

>> I do something like this with custom link types.
> Aha! I am not the only one ;)
>

>> First of all, have a look at the variable
>>
>> org-latex-prefer-user-labels
>
> Is this a new 8.3 variable? It doesn't seem to be in my 8.2.10 MELPA
> version.

Yes, I believe it is new in 8.3, although it originated in a patch I
wrote quite a while ago (February 2014?) when I needed this behavior.

> I like your idea. I think you could simplify it to just:
>
> (org-add-link-type
>  "sec"
>  (lambda (path)
>    (org-open-link-from-string (format "[[#%s]]" path)))

Ah, nice, that is way simpler.  Thanks!

Best,
Richard