* Release of org-mode 4.30
@ 2006-05-19 12:19 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-05-19 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Changes:

Version 4.30
    - Org-publish.el is now part of the Org-mode distribution.
      Thanks and applause to David O'Toole for this great extension.

    - Publishing is also documented in the manual.

    - Checkboxes in plain list items, following up on Frank Ruell's idea.
      A plain list item starting with [_] is treated as a checkbox.  You
      can toggle it with C-c C-c.  Example:
      * Shopping list
        - [_] Butter
        - [X] Milk
        - [_] Oranges
      If you make new items with M-RET and the current item has a check
      box, the new item will

    - Modified installation: Autoloads have been collected in
org-install.el.
      So you no longer need to copy autoload forms into .emacs when I
      add functions to be autoloaded.  This also applied for
org-publish.el,
      the corresponding autoload forms are also part of org-install.el
      Please take a fresh look at the installation section of the manual

    - Logging (org-log-done) is now a #+STARTUP option.
      This makes it possible to set this on a per-file basis.
      For example:
        #+STARTUP: logging

    - File links inserted with C-c C-l will use relative paths if the
linked
      file is in the current directory or a subdirectory of it.

    - New variable `org-link-file-path-type' to specify preference for
      relative and absolute paths.

    - New CSS classes for tags, timestamps, timestamp keywords.
      So if you have written your own style, you may want to modify it
      an accomodate the new classes.

    - Bug and typo fixes.
      As usual:  There are *always* more bugs.  Thanks to everyone who
      has reported bugs.

Enjoy.

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam

* Re: Release of org-mode 4.30
@ 2006-05-19 14:21 ` John Rakestraw
From: John Rakestraw @ 2006-05-19 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Running emacs 21.3.1 on Windows xp.

I've installed org-mode 4.30 (I think), following the new directions in
the online documentation:

--org.el, org-publish.el, and org-intall.el are in my load path
--I've byte-compiled org.el and org-publish.el
--I've added "(require 'org-install)" to .emacs (I also deleted several
lines previously in .emacs but now provided in org-install.el)

I say "I think" I've installed it, because after I re-start emacs, m-x
org_version returns 4.29. Also, in the messages generated during the
start, I see these lines:

The time stamp on org.el is 14:17 today. The time stamp on org.elc is
09:54. Since it's only 10:10 today where I am, I'm assuming that the
time stamp on org.el comes from Carsten's time zone. I've double-checked
and I know that I've byte compiled the org.el file in the path (with the
14:17 time stamp). But I don't know why it's loading it twice.

Also, the new checklist feature doesn't work. I insert a list:

* Checklist
  - [_] Item 1
  - [_] Item 2

If I do m-return at the end of one of the items I get this in messages:

Debugger entered: nil
  org-insert-item()
  org-insert-heading(nil)
  org-meta-return(nil)
* call-interactively(org-meta-return)

If I do c-c while on a checklist I get this in the minibuffer:

Symbol's function definition is void: org-at-item-checklet-p

Any ideas?

Thanks --

John

John Rakestraw

* Re: Release of org-mode 4.30
@ 2006-05-19 15:06 ` nielsgiesen
From: nielsgiesen @ 2006-05-19 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten, thanks a lot for the new version of org-mode, and all the
more for your personal mail. It is appreciated. Nice one to give css
classes to timestamps and tags. Gives one extra freedom.

found two bugs concerning new features, and one inconsistency:

* org-toggle-checkbox does not work, here's the fix (probably
  superfluous as it is so obvious):

in org.el:

(defun org-toggle-checkbox ()
  "Toggle the checkbox in the current line."
  (save-excursion
-    (if (org-at-item-checklet-p)
+    (if (org-at-item-checkbox-p)
	(replace-match (if (equal (match-string 0) "[_]") "[X]" "[_]") t t))))

* when the checkbox [_] is exported to html as [<sub>]</sub>, most
  probably due to conflict with org-export-html-convert-sub-super

don't know how to fix, too difficult for me.

* timestamps and tags are exported to the toc, even though
  org-export-with-timestamps is nil, as is org-export-with-tags

Greetings,

Niels.

* Re: Release of org-mode 4.30
@ 2006-05-19 15:19   ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-05-19 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: nielsgiesen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On May 19, 2006, at 17:06, nielsgiesen@ibbu.nl wrote:

> * when the checkbox [_] is exported to html as [<sub>]</sub>, most
>   probably due to conflict with org-export-html-convert-sub-super

Arrgh, yes.  Hmmm, maybe I should just make it "[ ]" instead of "[_]".
Or I need to catch this special case.

> don't know how to fix, too difficult for me.
>
> * timestamps and tags are exported to the toc, even though
>   org-export-with-timestamps is nil, as is org-export-with-tags

Yes, I need to fix the toc, there are more issues here.  Thanks.

- Carsten

* Re: Release of org-mode 4.30
@ 2006-05-20  3:19     ` T. V. Raman
From: T. V. Raman @ 2006-05-20  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

I'd say just make it [] the [_] feels uglier anyway

--
Best Regards,
--raman

Email:  raman@users.sf.net