* Disable consistency graphs for some habits
@ 2016-12-03 18:51 Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto @ 2016-12-03 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

When I am trying to learn a new habit, I often write it in Org Mode.  So I
have many entries like:

*** TODO Relax: talk, read book, shower or pray
    SCHEDULED: <2016-11-28 Mon 21:30 ++1d>
    :PROPERTIES:
    :ID:       2ff41cfe-156f-4870-a4ef-991cc2cc986c
    :CREATED:  [2016-06-16 Thu 13:23]
    :STYLE:    habit
    :END:

That one is to remember me to quit the computer at 21:30.

I set them up as org-habit habits for the following desirable features:
- Only show on the agenda for today, not for other days.
- Appear at the end of the agenda for today.
- Hide when I type K.

However, I do not want consistency graphs for most of them, because I don't
want to waste space by enabling logging for them all (they are many).  org-
habit lacks the feature to cleanly disable consistency graphs.  I have
globally disabled them by force through the following customizations:
     '(org-habit-following-days 0)
     '(org-habit-graph-column 90)
     '(org-habit-preceding-days 0)

But this affects all habits.  Could you implement a feature to disable
consistency graphs for a subset of the habits?  Some possibilities:
1. Allow a new value for the STYLE property: "graphless_habit"
2. Automatically disable consistency graphs for entries where logging is
   disabled, or for those which currently lack logs.

Regards
--
• I am Brazilian.  I hope my English is correct and I welcome corrections.
• Please adopt free formats like PDF, ODF, Org, LaTeX, Opus, WebM and 7z.

* Re: Disable consistency graphs for some habits
@ 2016-12-09 23:31 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-12-09 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto <jorge13515@gmail.com> writes:

> When I am trying to learn a new habit, I often write it in Org Mode.  So I
> have many entries like:
>
> *** TODO Relax: talk, read book, shower or pray
>     SCHEDULED: <2016-11-28 Mon 21:30 ++1d>
>     :PROPERTIES:
>     :ID:       2ff41cfe-156f-4870-a4ef-991cc2cc986c
>     :CREATED:  [2016-06-16 Thu 13:23]
>     :STYLE:    habit
>     :END:
>
> That one is to remember me to quit the computer at 21:30.
>
> I set them up as org-habit habits for the following desirable features:
> - Only show on the agenda for today, not for other days.
> - Appear at the end of the agenda for today.
> - Hide when I type K.

What about using a regular repeater for that instead of an habit? For
example, first point is solved using
`org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all' (or
`org-agenda-show-future-repeats' in master).

With a custom agenda view, you can make them appear last. You may simply
use another agenda view to remove them (last point).

"habits without a graph" really sounds like "habits without habits"
considering the whole library is about the graph.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: Disable consistency graphs for some habits
@ 2016-12-12 12:07   ` Jorge Morais Neto
From: Jorge Morais Neto @ 2016-12-12 12:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org mode

On 9 December 2016 at 21:31, Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
>> I set them up as org-habit habits for the following desirable features:
>> - Only show on the agenda for today, not for other days.
>> - Appear at the end of the agenda for today.
>> - Hide when I type K.
>
> What about using a regular repeater for that instead of an habit? For
> example, first point is solved using
> `org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all' (or
> `org-agenda-show-future-repeats' in master).

But org-agenda-show-future-repeats affects /all/ repeaters.  I want some
important repeaters (such as regular meetings) to appear on every matching date
as normal.

> You may simply use another agenda view to remove them (last point).
But toggling with K is more practical because it preserves current filters.

Regards