* ditaa problems?
@ 2016-11-15 16:26 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-11-15 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm trying to include a ditaa diagram in a document, but the diagram is
not drawing correctly. I've attached the source file and the resulting
png. As you can see, the box around fieldGroup1 is not being drawn for
some reason. Other boxes appear to be correct.

Any clues? Am I missing something?

Thank you!
-pd

--
  Peter Davis
  www.techcurmudgeon.com

[-- Attachment #2: containers-ditaa.org --]

#+STARTUP: showeverything logdone
#+author: Peter Davis
#+title: Container Layouts

#+begin_src ditaa :file images/ffdn_containers.png :cmdline -o
+-------------------------------+
| section1                      |
|                               |
| +--------+ +--------+         |
| | field1 | | field2 |         |
| +--------+ +--------+         |
|                               |
| +---------------------------+ |
| | fieldGroup1               | |
| |                           | |
| | +--------+ +--------+     | |
| | | field3 | | field4 |     | |
| | +--------+ +--------+     | |
| |                           | |
| | +-----------------------+ | |
| | | fieldGroup2           | | |
| | |                       | | |
| | | +--------+ +--------+ | | |
| | | | field5 | | field6 | | | |
| | | +--------+ +--------+ | | |
| | +-----------------------+ | |
| |                           | |
| | +-----------------------+ | |
| | | fieldGroup3           | | |
| | |                       | | |
| | | +--------+ +--------+ | | |
| | | | field7 | | field8 | | | |
| | | +--------+ +--------+ | | |
| | +-----------------------+ | |
| +---------------------------+ |
+-------------------------------+

+-------------------------------+
| section2                      |
| +--------+ +---------+        |
| | field9 | | field10 |        |
| +--------+ +---------+        |
+-------------------------------+

#+end_src

[-- Attachment #3: ffdn_containers.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 8894 bytes --]

* Re: ditaa problems?
       [not found] <05bc83b46c8e4635ac37fb942990086c@HE1PR01MB1898.eurprd01.prod.exchangelabs.com>
@ 2016-11-15 19:12 ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2016-11-15 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Davis; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Tuesday, 15 Nov 2016 at 16:26, Peter Davis wrote:
> I'm trying to include a ditaa diagram in a document, but the diagram is
> not drawing correctly. I've attached the source file and the resulting
> png. As you can see, the box around fieldGroup1 is not being drawn for
> some reason. Other boxes appear to be correct.
>
> Any clues? Am I missing something?

I don't think so.  In any case, I don't think it's an org problem.

Your code doesn't work on my system either, although the resulting png
output is different: fieldGroup1 works but some of the ones inside do
not.  In my experience, ditaa is rather fragile.  Leaving bigger gaps
between all edges (top, bottom, sides) and contents, I have found, often
works better.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 26.0.50.1, Org release_9.0-3-g4c4e84

* Re: ditaa problems?
@ 2016-11-15 23:02   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2016-11-15 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

> On Tuesday, 15 Nov 2016 at 16:26, Peter Davis wrote:
>> I'm trying to include a ditaa diagram in a document, but the diagram is
>> not drawing correctly. I've attached the source file and the resulting
>> png. As you can see, the box around fieldGroup1 is not being drawn for
>> some reason. Other boxes appear to be correct.
>>
>> Any clues? Am I missing something?
>
> I don't think so.  In any case, I don't think it's an org problem.
>
> Your code doesn't work on my system either, although the resulting png
> output is different: fieldGroup1 works but some of the ones inside do
> not.  In my experience, ditaa is rather fragile.  Leaving bigger gaps
> between all edges (top, bottom, sides) and contents, I have found, often
> works better.

Thanks, Eric. I did try leaving bigger gaps, but still no joy.

I've sent the file and the png to the ditaa developer on
SourceForge. I'll report back if I find out anything.

Thanks!
-pd