* clocktables include "\emsp" - how to get rid of that?
@ 2015-03-04 16:42 Rainer Stengele
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2015-03-04 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I am getting "\emsp" in my clocktable reports.
I use

#+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 4 :fileskip0 t :tcolumns 0 :level nil :scope agenda-with-archives :timestamp nil :block 2015-03 :step day :link t  :stepskip0 t
#+END:

to create these clocktable

Daily report: [2015-03-02 Mo]
| File                  | Headline                                                 |   Time |
|-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+--------|
|                       | ALL *Total time*                                         | *9:00* |
|-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+--------|
| Projectmanagement.org | *File time*                                              | *2:45* |
|                       | \emsp [[..][Project Managament: Weekly meetings etc.]]           |   2:45 |
|                       | \emsp\emsp [[..][TODO *00 - Project Managament -...]]            |   2:45 |

Anybody has an idea where this comes from and how to get rid of it?

Thank you.
Regards, Rainer

* Re: clocktables include "\emsp" - how to get rid of that?
@ 2015-03-04 18:18 ` Tory S. Anderson
From: Tory S. Anderson @ 2015-03-04 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele, orgmode list

This effect has been discussed here: http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/90292

It exports nicely, so I believe that's the reason it was made this way. You can replace them with spaces using `org-toggle-pretty-entities`, although it will throw off the width of your table. Otherwise you can edit the code that inserts them, which is mentioned in the linked thread.

- Tory

@ 2015-03-04 18:46 ` J. David Boyd
From: J. David Boyd @ 2015-03-04 18:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@online.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I am getting "\emsp" in my clocktable reports.
> I use
>
> #+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 4 :fileskip0 t :tcolumns 0 :level nil :scope agenda-with-archives :timestamp nil :block 2015-03 :step day :link t  :stepskip0 t
> #+END:
>
> to create these clocktable
>

> Daily report: [2015-03-02 Mo]
> | File                  | Headline                                                 |   Time |
> |-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+--------|
> |                       | ALL *Total time*                                         | *9:00* |
> |-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------+--------|
> | Projectmanagement.org | *File time*                                              | *2:45* |
> |                       | \emsp [[..][Project Managament: Weekly meetings etc.]]           |   2:45 |
> |                       | \emsp\emsp [[..][TODO *00 - Project Managament -...]]            |   2:45 |
>
> Anybody has an idea where this comes from and how to get rid of it?
>
> Thank you.
> Regards, Rainer

This was changed a while back so that the clocktable exports correctly.

I was fighting this for a while by modifying the source code every release,
but then I gave up.

If you look in org-clock.el, you'll see what causes it.

This is a bit of a diff I have that shows what it now, and what it used to be like.

<     (let ((str " "))
<       (dotimes (k (1- level) str)
< 	(setq str (concat "\\emsp" str))))))
---
>     (let ((str "\\__"))
>       (while (> level 2)
> 	(setq level (1- level)
> 	      str (concat str "__")))
>       (concat str " "))))

Hope this helps!

Dave

* Re: clocktables include "\emsp" - how to get rid of that?
@ 2015-03-05 15:19 ` Leo Ufimtsev
From: Leo Ufimtsev @ 2015-03-05 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello Rainer,

I think this should be customiziable.

I hacked around it using an advise function:

; remove the emsp from clock reports
; http://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/9528/is-it-possible-to-remove-emsp-from-clock-report-but-preserve-indentation/9544#9544
(defun my-org-clocktable-indent-string (level)
  (if (= level 1)
      ""
    (let ((str "-")) ;first char, e.g can be "|"
      (while (> level 2)
        (setq level (1- level)
              str (concat str "-"))) ;fillers, e.g can be "---"
      (concat str " ")))) ;end e.g can be ">"

(advice-add 'org-clocktable-indent-string :override #'my-org-clocktable-indent-string)

Now my reports look like this:
| leo.org | *File time*                                                                                                              | *11:20* |      |      |
|         | [#C] 1 Hour Leo work                                                                                                     |    0:12 |      |      |
|         | [#C] Emacs                                                                                                               |   10:45 |      |      |
|         | - [#B] Emacs notification system                                                                                         |         | 0:30 |      |
|         | - [#B] Figure out capture + refiling.                                                                                    |         | 1:25 |      |
|         | - [#B] Babel / dynamic language (ditaa/Grahviz/plantUML) execution                                                       |         | 0:55 |      |
|         | - [#A] Appending time for pomodoros doesn't function properly in LOGBOOK drawers.                                        |         | 0:44 |      |
|         | - EFin                                                                                                                   |         | 3:47 |      |
|         | -- [#A] Investigate diary logging. (find blog entry on this).                                                            |         |      | 1:35 |
|         | -- [#B] Pomodoro: add title of current task to menu. Fix spacing.                                                        |         |      | 0:37 |
|         | Learning                                                                                                                 |    0:23 |      |      |
|         | - UML                                                                                                                    |         | 0:23 |      |

Hope it helps.

Leo Ufimtsev | Intern Software Engineer @ Eclipse Team