* footer for latex export
@ 2010-07-12 19:50 Buck Brody
From: Buck Brody @ 2010-07-12 19:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I am just getting started with LaTeX.  I can't seem to figure out how
to add a footer to my document.

* Re: footer for latex export
@ 2010-07-12 20:57 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2010-07-12 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: buckbrody; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Buck Brody <buckbrody@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am just getting started with LaTeX.  I can't seem to figure out how
> to add a footer to my document.

I don't think that orgmode provides built-in support for this, but it
does provide mechanisms so that you can do it by hand. The most flexible
header/footer package that I know of is fancyhdr by Piet van Oostrum:

  http://www.tex.ac.uk/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/fancyhdr/

which provides for 3-part headers and footers with a lot of flexibility.
The PDF doc in the above directory describes it all in clear detail.

Here is a (fairly rudimentary) attempt to do that in an org-mode file:

#+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{fancyhdr}
#+LATEX_HEADER: \pagestyle{fancy} \renewcommand{\headrulewidth}{0pt} \lhead{} \chead{} \rhead{} \lfoot{} \cfoot{Centered footer} \rfoot{}
#+LaTeX: \thispagestyle{fancy}

* Foo

bar

* Foo2

bar2

#+LaTeX: \newpage

* Foo3

bar3

whose only effect is to replace the default centered page number
by the string "Centered footer".

HTH,
Nick

* Re: footer for latex export