* Org-mode & EasyPG: How to enable both on a per-file-basis?
@ 2007-04-08 14:06 phil
From: phil @ 2007-04-08 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I want to use have my .org-file gpg-encrypted.

I played arround with EasyPG (http://www.easypg.org/) and after
compiling the package and adding:

	(require 'epa-setup)

to my .emacs, encryption and decryption is working fine.

When I'm saving a file EasyPG is asking for a public-key which it
should choose for encryption. To skip this dialog, there is the
possibility to put

	-*- epa-file-encrypt-to: ("EMAIL-ADRESS OR KEY-ID") -*-

in the FIRST line.
This key is then used for encryption.

While this is working, when in the first line, it doesn't work when I
have

	-*- mode: org; -*-

in the line above and when I move the mode: org to the second line,
Org-Mode isn't working.

Any ideas how I can use both settings on a per file basis:

1. telling Emacs that this file is a org-mode file, and
2. telling Emacs which GPG-Key it should choose when encrypting?

Best regards from Berlin

- P hil

* Re: Org-mode & EasyPG: How to enable both on a per-file-basis?
@ 2007-04-08 14:21 ` Olaf Dietsche
From: Olaf Dietsche @ 2007-04-08 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: phil; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

phil <phil@snapup.net> writes:

> Any ideas how I can use both settings on a per file basis:
>
> 1. telling Emacs that this file is a org-mode file, and
> 2. telling Emacs which GPG-Key it should choose when encrypting?

Maybe
        -*- mode: org; epa-file-encrypt-to: ("EMAIL-ADRESS OR KEY-ID") -*-
works?

Regards, Olaf.

* Re: Org-mode & EasyPG: How to enable both on a per-file-basis?
@ 2007-04-08 16:27 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2007-04-08 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: phil; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

> Hello,
>
> I want to use have my .org-file gpg-encrypted.
>
> I played arround with EasyPG (http://www.easypg.org/) and after
> compiling the package and adding:
>
> 	(require 'epa-setup)
>
> to my .emacs, encryption and decryption is working fine.
>
> When I'm saving a file EasyPG is asking for a public-key which it
> should choose for encryption. To skip this dialog, there is the
> possibility to put
>
> 	-*- epa-file-encrypt-to: ("EMAIL-ADRESS OR KEY-ID") -*-
>
> in the FIRST line.
> This key is then used for encryption.
>
> While this is working, when in the first line, it doesn't work when I
> have
>
> 	-*- mode: org; -*-
>
> in the line above and when I move the mode: org to the second line,
> Org-Mode isn't working.
>
> Any ideas how I can use both settings on a per file basis:
>
> 1. telling Emacs that this file is a org-mode file, and
> 2. telling Emacs which GPG-Key it should choose when encrypting?

The best way is to read the Emacs documentation about
file variables.

You need to combine the two lines:

-*- mode:org; epa-file-encrypt-to: ("a@b.com") -*-

- Carsten

* Re: Org-mode & EasyPG: How to enable both on a per-file-basis?
@ 2007-04-08 16:29   ` phil
From: phil @ 2007-04-08 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Olaf Dietsche; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Thanks!

>         -*- mode: org; epa-file-encrypt-to: ("KEY-ID") -*-

Is working like a charm - Everytime I save my .org-file it will be
stored gnupg-encrypted.

Pretty nice, when you take your data with you - in case of lost.

Should be  a must-have for org-mode-users.

- P hil