* Octave/Matlab Code Export Issue?
       [not found] <1198335352.630117.1394684001766.JavaMail.zimbra@ittc.ku.edu>
@ 2014-03-13  4:41 ` Phil Regier
From: Phil Regier @ 2014-03-13  4:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm having trouble with Octave export, and I am not quite sure where to look.

In an Org file I have the following:

   #+BEGIN_SRC octave
     a = [1;3;5;7;9]
     b = [2;4;6;8]
     ans=a;
   #+END_SRC octave

When exporting to LaTeX I get the following:

\#+BEGIN\_SRC octave
  a = [1;3;5;7;9]
  b = [2;4;6;8]
  ans=a;
\#+END\_SRC octave

The style is consistent whether I export to LaTeX (buffer or PDF) or HTML; I've tried 'matlab' in lieu of 'octave', and various :results and :exports combinations, and I always get the literal output of the org syntax itself for the code, though I get a proper verbatim block of output contents when I export results.  'sh' and 'latex' blocks work properly (as do 'org' and 'awk' in other documents), exporting code and results alike without passing Org markup through, but this issue persists with octave on older and newer (emacs 24.3.1 with org 8.2.5h) builds.  I've set the usual execution confirmation options and added matlab and octave to the loaded languages, and even disabled super/subscript rendering, all through customize, and even tried wiping out my .emacs and starting over just in ca
 se.

I've tried poking around the source but I don't know what I'm looking for; I don't see direct references to export/publish in ob-octave, and ox is way beyond me, I'm afraid.  Can anyone guess either what I'm doing wrong or where I might start looking look for such a language-specific, non-option-specific, non-backend-specific export glitch?

Thanks for any suggestions...

Phil

* Re: Octave/Matlab Code Export Issue?
@ 2014-03-13 16:08   ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-03-13 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Regier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Phil Regier <pregier@math.ku.edu> writes:

> I'm having trouble with Octave export, and I am not quite sure where to look.
>
> In an Org file I have the following:
>
>    #+BEGIN_SRC octave
>      a = [1;3;5;7;9]
>      b = [2;4;6;8]
>      ans=a;
>    #+END_SRC octave
>
> When exporting to LaTeX I get the following:
>
> \#+BEGIN\_SRC octave
>   a = [1;3;5;7;9]
>   b = [2;4;6;8]
>   ans=a;
> \#+END\_SRC octave

Remove "octave" from the #+end_src line.  There should be nothing else
on that line.
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-709-g99f1ff

* Re: Octave/Matlab Code Export Issue?
@ 2014-03-13 16:13     ` Phil Regier
From: Phil Regier @ 2014-03-13 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric S Fraga; +Cc: emacs-orgmode, Phil Regier

Wow; I'm embarrassed.  Thanks so much for the assist; terribly sorry to spam the list with such a simple error. X(

Phil

@ 2014-03-13 16:16   ` Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2014-03-13 16:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Phil Regier <pregier <at> math.ku.edu> writes:

> I'm having trouble with Octave export, and I am not quite sure where to look.
>
> In an Org file I have the following:
>
>    #+BEGIN_SRC octave
>      a = [1;3;5;7;9]
>      b = [2;4;6;8]
>      ans=a;
>    #+END_SRC octave

Instead try this:

#+NAME: abc
#+BEGIN_SRC octave
  a = [1;3;5;7;9]
  b = [2;4;6;8]
  ans=a;
#+END_SRC

Note that the #+END_SRC line has no trailing <language> nor anything else:

14.1 Structure of code blocks
=============================

Live code blocks can be specified with a `src' block or inline.(1)  The
structure of a `src' block is

     #+NAME: <name>
     #+END_SRC

HTH,

Chuck

* Re: Octave/Matlab Code Export Issue?
@ 2014-03-13 16:33       ` Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2014-03-13 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Phil Regier; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Phil Regier <pregier@math.ku.edu> writes:

> Wow; I'm embarrassed.  Thanks so much for the assist; terribly sorry
> to spam the list with such a simple error. X(

No need to be embarrassed.  This error catches me out *all* the time
which is why I know what to look for.

It would probably help if the fontification didn't make it look like a
valid line or if a check for unmatched #+begin_src lines were
performed.  The latter, however, is non-trivial I believe.

Anyway, glad it works.

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.2, Org release_8.2.5h-709-g99f1ff