* defining custom timestamps
@ 2012-07-19 14:54 Matt Price
From: Matt Price @ 2012-07-19 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

On HTML export,  want my timestamps to display as:

Thursday, July 19

or maybe:

July 19 (Thu)

instead of the default

2012-07-19 Thu

I've tried setting org-time-stamp-custom-formats but I haven't been able to
find the documentation that explains the formatting strings.  Also I'm not
exactly sure which variables control the display of custom times on HTML
export.

thanks as always!

matt

* Re: defining custom timestamps
@ 2012-07-19 15:29 ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2012-07-19 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
From: Jude DaShiell @ 2012-07-19 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Price; +Cc: Org Mode

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.  I think the format strings for
org-mode to format dates may come from the date (1) man page.

On Thu, 19 Jul 2012, Matt Price wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On HTML export,  want my timestamps to display as:
>
> Thursday, July 19
>
> or maybe:
>
> July 19 (Thu)
>
> instead of the default
>
> 2012-07-19 Thu
>
> I've tried setting org-time-stamp-custom-formats but I haven't been able to
> find the documentation that explains the formatting strings.  Also I'm not
> exactly sure which variables control the display of custom times on HTML
> export.
>
> thanks as always!
>
> matt

Hardware eventually fails; software eventually works, no amount of band
width can fix poor design

Jude <jdashiel-at-shellworld-dot-net>