* C-c a t doesn't give yield list of all TODO items
@ 2012-03-04  4:33 Christopher W. Ryan
From: Christopher W. Ryan @ 2012-03-04  4:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm running GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.1)
  of 2011-03-04 on palmer, modified by Debian, on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
Org-mode version 7.6.

The online Org-mode manual reads:

"10.3.2 The global TODO list

"The global TODO list contains all unfinished TODO items formatted and
collected into a single place.

"C-c a t     (org-todo-list)
     "Show the global TODO list. "

But when I try to type C-c a

I only get that far, and emacs tells me, "C-c a is undefined"

There is a drop-down menu item under the Org item, called "Agenda
Command..." which offers me lettered choices, and t will list all TODO
entries. But what is the keyboard shortcut, if not C-a a t ?

Thanks.

--Chris Ryan

PS: in case it is relevant, my .emacs file, rather a short one, looks
like this:

;;(load-file "~/.emacs.d/color-theme/themes/color-theme-subdued.el")
;;(color-theme-subdued)

(require 'color-theme)
(color-theme-parus)
(custom-set-variables
   ;; custom-set-variables was added by Custom.
  '(org-agenda-files (quote ("~/DATA/BookIdeas.org" "~/orgjunk.org"))))
(custom-set-faces
   ;; custom-set-faces was added by Custom.
  )

;; don't make back-up files
(setq make-backup-files nil)

;; single space between sentences
(setq sentence-end-double-space nil)

;; active Babel languages
(org-babel-do-load-languages
  'org-babel-load-languages
  '((R . t)
    ))

* Re: C-c a t doesn't give yield list of all TODO items
@ 2012-03-04  8:11 ` jeremiah.dodds
From: jeremiah.dodds @ 2012-03-04  8:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Christopher W. Ryan" <cryan@binghamton.edu> writes:

> But when I try to type C-c a
>
> I only get that far, and emacs tells me, "C-c a is undefined"
>
> There is a drop-down menu item under the Org item, called "Agenda Command..."
> which offers me lettered choices, and t will list all TODO entries. But what is
> the keyboard shortcut, if not C-a a t ?
>
> Thanks.

You have to bind it yourself. Put

    (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

somewhere sensible. This *is* mentioned somewhere in the org docs, but I
can't remember where off the top of my head.

* Re: C-c a t doesn't give yield list of all TODO items
@ 2012-03-04 12:25   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2012-03-04 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: nicholas.dokos

jeremiah.dodds@gmail.com wrote:

> "Christopher W. Ryan" <cryan@binghamton.edu> writes:
>
> > But when I try to type C-c a
> >
> > I only get that far, and emacs tells me, "C-c a is undefined"
> >
> > There is a drop-down menu item under the Org item, called "Agenda Command..."
> > which offers me lettered choices, and t will list all TODO entries. But what is
> > the keyboard shortcut, if not C-a a t ?
> >
> > Thanks.
>
> You have to bind it yourself. Put
>
>     (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)
>
> somewhere sensible. This *is* mentioned somewhere in the org docs, but I
> can't remember where off the top of my head.

Section 1.3, Activation, in the org manual.
Or do

  (info "(org) Activation")

Nick

* Re: C-c a t doesn't give yield list of all TODO items
@ 2012-05-08  9:00   ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2012-05-08  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
>> I only get that far, and emacs tells me, "C-c a is undefined"
>
>> There is a drop-down menu item under the Org item, called "Agenda Command..."
>> which offers me lettered choices, and t will list all TODO entries. But what is
> >the keyboard shortcut, if not C-a a t ?

> You have to bind it yourself. Put

>    (global-set-key "\C-ca" 'org-agenda)

> somewhere sensible. This *is* mentioned somewhere in the org docs, but I
> can't remember where off the top of my head.

Thanks, Jeremiah;  it is indeed mentioned in the "Activation"
section of the manual,

cheers,
Giovanni