* Unable to clock out after "undo"
@ 2012-01-05 16:43 Ab Cd
From: Ab Cd @ 2012-01-05 16:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hello,

I experienced a weird behavior with org-mode while using clocking commands.

Here are the steps to reproduce it:

* Open a new file.

* Start a new heading (here "This is a test"). Then clock in and out (C-c C-x C-i C-c C-x C-o)

Now, as expected, we have the following:

------------------------------8<------------------------------
* This is a test
  CLOCK: [2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30]--[2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30] =>  0:00
------------------------------>8------------------------------

Now let's undo, with C-_

Again, as expected, we heve the following:

------------------------------8<------------------------------
* This is a test
  CLOCK: [2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30]
------------------------------>8------------------------------

So we're back to the state where a task has been started but not completed, right?

Let's try to clock out again (C-c C-x C-o). Now I have 'No active clock'.

It seems that it does the same thing if I close emacs and open it again. I was asked if I wanted to clock out before closing, tho.

Is that a bug ? Or did I miss something?

Thanks for your help.

Have a nice day.

* Re: Unable to clock out after "undo"
@ 2012-01-05 21:21 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-01-05 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ab Cd; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Ab Cd <nati_cdg@yahoo.fr> writes:

> * This is a test
>   CLOCK: [2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30]--[2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30] =>  0:00
>
> Now let's undo, with C-_
>
> Again, as expected, we heve the following:
>
> * This is a test
>   CLOCK: [2012-01-05 jeu. 17:30]
>
> So we're back to the state where a task has been started but not completed, right?
>
> Let's try to clock out again (C-c C-x C-o). Now I have 'No active clock'.
>
> It seems that it does the same thing if I close emacs and open it
> again. I was asked if I wanted to clock out before closing, tho.
>
> Is that a bug ? Or did I miss something?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Hi,

The clock timer and the clock text are two separate things.  If you undo
a closed timestamp then you have an open clock -- but there is no
current task clocking since you clocked out and cleared this
information.  The current clocking task is kept track of in variables in
the org-mode codebase.  You can clock the open task in again and then
clock it out to regenerate the closing time for the task.

HTH,
Bernt