* tangling files on export not working properly
@ 2016-11-27 17:27 mcg
From: mcg @ 2016-11-27 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

When exporting my document to latex I want org-mode to tangle a few code
blocks.

#+NAME: tangle_files
#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results :eval query-export

(org-babel-tangle-file "~/thesis/chapter/NH.org")

#+END_SRC

When I run the code block manually it works fine
*Messages*: "Tangled 2 code blocks from NH.org"

However, even though the is run on export, nothing gets tangled:
"Tangled 0 code blocks from 04.NH.org"

Is there any explanation for this? Anything I'm overlooking?

* Re: tangling files on export not working properly
@ 2016-12-10 12:54 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2016-12-10 12:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mcg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

mcg <giepen.m@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> When exporting my document to latex I want org-mode to tangle a few code
> blocks.
>
> #+NAME: tangle_files
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results :eval query-export
>
> (org-babel-tangle-file "~/thesis/chapter/NH.org")
>
> #+END_SRC
>
> When I run the code block manually it works fine
> *Messages*: "Tangled 2 code blocks from NH.org"
>
> However, even though the is run on export, nothing gets tangled:
> "Tangled 0 code blocks from 04.NH.org"
>
> Is there any explanation for this? Anything I'm overlooking?

Doesn't you need to add :tangle yes to the block header?

Actually, adding this correctly tangle the file upon exporting the
document.

Nicolas Goaziou