* Version 4.19c
@ 2006-04-05 14:29 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2006-04-05 14:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have uploaded 4.19c at

  http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org-4.19c.zip

It fixes the link insertion problem reported here.  Also, I now keep
alive all the old links, so that upgrading links is no longer required,
but still recommended.

- Carsten

--
Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam

* Re: Version 4.19c
@ 2006-04-05 15:31 ` Pete Phillips
From: Pete Phillips @ 2006-04-05 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten

Still have a problem with mhe links, but it is now different  :-(

This is my error message:

 Position saved to mark ring, go back with C-c &.
 if: No match

Pete

* Re: Version 4.19c
@ 2006-04-05 16:47 Thomas Baumann
From: Thomas Baumann @ 2006-04-05 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Pete and Carsten

confirmed.

I haven't gone through all the details, only so far:

* the mhe:links in [[]] look ok.
* org-follow-mhe-link is not called when following an [[]] link!
* every thing works nice with <> links :-(

Thomas

* Re: Version 4.19c
@ 2006-04-05 17:54 Thomas Baumann
From: Thomas Baumann @ 2006-04-05 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pete Phillips; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Pete Phillips <pete@smtl.co.uk> writes:

> Thomas
>
> What version of mh-e are you using ? I'm using 7.91 and the <> links
> don't even work for me. Still get that :

7.93+cvs (cutting edge :-) there were bugs with previous versions of
MH-E and recursive pick searches

>> Executing swish...
>> Processing swish output...
>> Scanning +mhe-index/<1><8>...done
>> No messages in +mhe-index/<1><8>, range (all)
>> Swish found 0 matches in 0 folders
>> if: Message not found
>
> message in *Messages* :-(

Maybe a silly question:

Does this occur also with "old link", in other words, are you sure that
swish has been updating the database already? I'll get the same message
with namazu if the index is not up-to-date.

Try setting mh-search-program to pick and try again.

Thomas

* Re: Version 4.19c
@ 2006-04-06  8:15 Thomas Baumann
From: Thomas Baumann @ 2006-04-06  8:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

>> Hi guys
>>
>> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> wrote:
>>

>>     Carsten> http://www.astro.uva.nl/~dominik/Tools/org/org-4.19c.zip
>>     Carsten> Sorry for the mess.
>>     Carsten> - Carsten
>>
>> I'm still getting this with [[]] mhe links. (not checking the <> links
>> as I don't intend to use them anyway).
>
> Just to be clear: we are talking about two different problems here.
> One was that I had messed up links in a way that the mhe backend was
> not even called.  This is fixed in 4.19c, I hope.  The other part,
> what you are getting, is a problem either in the backend or in mhe
> itself -
> I am sure Thomas will be able to figure out what is going on.  I
> myself am not using mhe, so I don't know what is going wrong.
>
> - Carsten

Things are working again with the new 4.19c here.

We are working on Pete's problem, which seems to be independent of
org.el and/or nmh/mh.

Thomas