* Fast traversing directories
@ 2009-10-31 17:07 andrea Crotti
From: andrea Crotti @ 2009-10-31 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Well I would like to have simply all the org files
I produce wherever in my agenda.

I started to write something like

(dolist (x (directory-files "~/uni/" t))
  (if (file-directory-p x)
      (dolist (subject (directory-files x t))
	(if (file-directory-p subject)
	    (setq org-agenda-files
		  (append org-agenda-files (directory-files subject t ".org$" t)))))))

but the problem is that it only goes two levels
and I guess it could be very slow.

I didn't find any function in elisp, maybe it would be better
to get a list of org-files with an external command (python or shell script),
what do you think?

I don't like the solution of setting them by hand, I would like to set
the upper level directory and make it searches inside it automatically...

How do you manage your org files?