* RFC on enhancement for org-cancel-clock with no active clock
@ 2009-12-18 11:42 Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2009-12-18 11:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Currently org-cancel-clock just warns 'No active clock' when there is
no active clock.  Would it make sense to extend the behaviour in that
case so that it interactively prompts whether you would like to remove
the most recently active clock entry?  This would be a nice kind of
'undo' in the case where you clock out when you actually meant to
cancel the active clock.

Thanks,
Adam

* Re: RFC on enhancement for org-cancel-clock with no active clock
@ 2010-01-04 14:39 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-01-04 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Dec 18, 2009, at 12:42 PM, Adam Spiers wrote:

> Currently org-cancel-clock just warns 'No active clock' when there is
> no active clock.  Would it make sense to extend the behaviour in that
> case so that it interactively prompts whether you would like to remove
> the most recently active clock entry?  This would be a nice kind of
> 'undo' in the case where you clock out when you actually meant to
> cancel the active clock.

Hi Adam,

Hmm, no, I find this too error-prone.  People might use
org-clock-cancel as a lazy way to make sure that no clock
is running, and in this way remove the most recent clock
by accident.

Sorry, this request does not make it... :-)

- Carsten

> Thanks,
> Adam

- Carsten