From: Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, Bastien <bzg@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [WORG] 2680e65 * org-maintenance.org (Copyright assignments): Minor improvements
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2024 18:01:32 -0500	[thread overview]

On 4/2/24 06:20, Ihor Radchenko wrote:

> I just looked into changing this TODO into inlinetask and that would
> require adding a style for inlinetasks. While looking, I noticed a
> commented section in worg-editing.org:

> Also, the above macros may we one existing way to provide
> highlighting we discussed earlier.
>
> WDYT?

A few thoughts:

1.  Having to use separate BEGIN and END macros is less convenient than
more Lispy constructs, like a macro call with a string argument.  But I
guess, to wrap Org elements, like a TODO heading or inline task, it
would be necessary.  A macro call with the text as an argument wouldn't
be a task in Org syntax, which would make it less useful outside of
rendered HTML.

2.  Those macros, or one much like them, could be useful for the use
case of centering text to stand out, as discussed in the other thread.

3.  For cases that don't potentially involve wrapping Org elements,
having a simple macro with the text as its argument might be preferable
to having separate BEGIN and END macros.  I wonder if we could have
non-begin-end equivalents of the begin-and-end macros listed there.

--Adam