* Emacs29: sqllite support for orgroam on Windows?
@ 2023-01-31 11:31 c.buhtz
From: c.buhtz @ 2023-01-31 11:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Making OrgRoam usable on Windows is quit hard because of the SQLlite
component.
I don't want to go into details. It is possible but not easy.

I read about Emacs 29 and its in build sqlite support.
https://blog.phundrak.com/emacs-29-what-can-we-expect/#native-access-to-sqlite-databases

In that case might it be easier with Emacs 29 to setup OrgRoam on
Windows because there is no need anymore to install an extra sqlite?

Kind
Christian

* Re: Emacs29: sqllite support for orgroam on Windows?
@ 2023-02-01 13:43 ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-01 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: c.buhtz; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

c.buhtz@posteo.jp writes:

> I read about Emacs 29 and its in build sqlite support.
> https://blog.phundrak.com/emacs-29-what-can-we-expect/#native-access-to-sqlite-databases
>
> In that case might it be easier with Emacs 29 to setup OrgRoam on
> Windows because there is no need anymore to install an extra sqlite?

See `org-roam-database-connector'

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,

* Re: Emacs29: sqllite support for orgroam on Windows?
@ 2023-02-01 13:52   ` c.buhtz
From: c.buhtz @ 2023-02-01 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear Ihor,

thanks for reply.

Am 01.02.2023 14:43 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
> See `org-roam-database-connector'

Is this a (maybe) yes or (maybe) no?

Can you please translate that answer to someone who doesn't know the
internals of Emacs and Lisp; a normal user?

Asking an internet search engine it seems this is a variable or how you
call it in Lisp?

But there is no public available (C-h and Lisp-code doesn't count)
documentation about it.
I only can find it mentioned in org roam manual
https://www.orgroam.com/manual.html#Customizing-Node-Caching
But it is not described there just mentioned.

C-h o doesn't help because I only have Emacs 27 alive here and the text
behind it is outdated because of that. And the text behind it is not on
a user level but only on a Emacs-Lisp-programmer-level to understand.

* Re: Emacs29: sqllite support for orgroam on Windows?
@ 2023-02-01 14:07     ` Ihor Radchenko
From: Ihor Radchenko @ 2023-02-01 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

c.buhtz@posteo.jp writes:

> Am 01.02.2023 14:43 schrieb Ihor Radchenko:
>> See `org-roam-database-connector'
>
> Is this a (maybe) yes or (maybe) no?
>
> Can you please translate that answer to someone who doesn't know the
> internals of Emacs and Lisp; a normal user?

This is a user option.
You can find details about it via the usual Emacs means:

1. M-x customize-group org-roam
2. <f1> v org-roam-database-connector

I recommend https://protesilaos.com/codelog/2022-01-31-learning-emacs/
for more ways how to get help in Emacs.