From: Subhan Michael Tindall <SubhanT@familycareinc.org>
To: Reuben Thomas <rrt@sc3d.org>,
	"emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Why don't datetrees use timestamps?
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 16:52:13 +0000	[thread overview]

You can use a custom capture template and have timestamps of various sorts inserted.
For example, I have one datetree I use that inserts a date/time stamp using %T (%t gives only date, not time)
See the documentation for capture (hit C-c C C  to get into the customize interface then scroll down)
Hope this helps!
Subhan