* cells are deformed in Japanese
@ 2010-08-21  6:40 soichi
From: soichi @ 2010-08-21  6:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi.  I am a newbie in org-mode.
My environment is: Emacs 23 and org-mode 7.01h.

I am trying to set up a spreadsheet and its entries are partially in Japanese.  But if I type in Japanese and hit "TAB", the cells do not align properly.

| word  | meaning | date | reference |
|-------+---------+------+-----------|
| today | 今日    | 0821 | rss       |
|-------+---------+------+-----------|
|       |         |      |           |

Typing in English is fine.  Only in Japanese.

Is there anyway to resolve this?

soichi

* Re: cells are deformed in Japanese
@ 2010-08-21 12:01 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-08-21 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: soichi; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Aug 21, 2010, at 8:40 AM, soichi wrote:

> hi.  I am a newbie in org-mode.
> My environment is: Emacs 23 and org-mode 7.01h.
>
> I am trying to set up a spreadsheet and its entries are partially in
> Japanese.  But if I type in Japanese and hit "TAB", the cells do not
> align properly.
>
> | word  | meaning | date | reference |
> | today | 今日    | 0821 | rss       |
>
> Typing in English is fine.  Only in Japanese.

Hi, this question is now answered in the FAQ:

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.php#table-alignment-asian-characters

HTH

- Carsten