* Tables and environment with parameters
@ 2010-06-23 21:30 Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-06-23 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi,

I'm filling my taxes now. Of course, using Org for keeping a trace of all
computations and reasons of imputing this or that...

Though, since one of the last updates -- I guess --, I now have a problem
exporting such a table:

* Autres frais professionnels

#+BEGIN_changemargin {-4.2cm}{0cm}
  #+TBLNAME: AutresFPNVE
  #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrrrrr
  |   |                                          | Montant total (\EUR) | Taux amort (\%) | Part pro. (\%) | Déduc (\%) | NVE (\EUR) |
  |---+------------------------------------------+----------------------+-----------------+----------------+------------+------------|
  |   | Documentation et formation               |                51.05 |                 |                |            |       0.00 |
  |   | Communications GSM                       |               831.16 |             100 |             25 |        100 |     207.79 |
  |   | Internet (Dommel)                        |               167.88 |             100 |             33 |        100 |      55.40 |
  |   | Fournitures à amortir (ordinateur + GSM) |               762.51 |              33 |             80 |        100 |     201.30 |
  |   | Restaurant                               |               304.70 |             100 |            100 |         69 |     210.24 |
  |---+------------------------------------------+----------------------+-----------------+----------------+------------+------------|
  |   | Total                                    |                      |                 |                |            |    1062.02 |
  | ^ |                                          |                      |                 |                |            |      Total |
  #+TBLFM: $7=$3*$4*$5*$6/1000000;%.2f::@2$3=51.05::@3$3=9.00+184.88+51.22+201.82+45.67+69.03+62.93+54.16+38.87+39.77+36.35+37.46::@4$3=12*13.99::@6$3=146.50+158.20;%.2f::@7$7=vsum(@-I..@-II);%.2f
#+END_changemargin

  Some text.

1. I see the meta-tags in the PDF output!  Very new...

2. The `changemargin' environment is not correctly handled. See
   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/25849 for more info.

   FYI, here is the code for `changemargin' in my default class:

% changing margins "on the fly" (in mid document)
\newenvironment{changemargin}[2]%
    {\begin{list}{}{%
        \setlength{\topsep}{0pt}%
        \setlength{\leftmargin}{#1}%
        \setlength{\rightmargin}{#2}%
        \setlength{\listparindent}{\parindent}%
        \setlength{\itemindent}{\parindent}%
        \setlength{\parsep}{\parskip}%
    }\item[]}%
    {\end{list}}

Any confirmation of these problems as new?

Best regards,
  Seb

PS- Something not new, a bit annoying (even if detail):
    the `#+BEGIN_environment' "meta-tags" must begin at column 0.

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Tables and environment with parameters
@ 2010-06-24  6:15 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-06-24  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastien,

maybe you could use git bisect to identify the offending commit?

Thanks!

- Carsten

On Jun 23, 2010, at 11:30 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> [...]
>  |   | Documentation et formation               |
> 51.05 |                 |                |            |       0.00 |
>  |   | Communications GSM                       |
> 831.16 |             100 |             25 |        100 |     207.79 |
>  |   | Internet (Dommel)                        |
> 167.88 |             100 |             33 |        100 |      55.40 |
>  |   | Fournitures à amortir (ordinateur + GSM) |
> 762.51 |              33 |             80 |        100 |     201.30 |
>  |   | Restaurant                               |
> 304.70 |             100 |            100 |         69 |     210.24 |
>  |---+------------------------------------------
> +----------------------+-----------------+----------------
> +------------+------------|
>  |   | Total
> |                      |                 |
> |            |    1062.02 |
>  | ^ |
> |                      |                 |
> |            |      Total |
>  #+TBLFM: $7=$3*$4*$5*$6/1000000;%.
> 2f
> ::@2
> $
> 3
> =
> 51.05
> ::@3
> $
> 3
> =
> 9.00
> +
> 184.88
> +
> 51.22
> +
> 201.82
> +
> 45.67
> +
> 69.03
> +
> 62.93
> +54.16+38.87+39.77+36.35+37.46::@4$3=12*13.99::@6$3=146.50+158.20;%.
> 2f::@7$7=vsum(@-I..@-II);%.2f
> #+END_changemargin
>
>  Some text.
>
> 1. I see the meta-tags in the PDF output!  Very new...
>
> 2. The `changemargin' environment is not correctly handled. See
>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/25849 for more info.
>
>   FYI, here is the code for `changemargin' in my default class:

> % changing margins "on the fly" (in mid document)
> \newenvironment{changemargin}[2]%
>    {\begin{list}{}{%
>        \setlength{\topsep}{0pt}%
>        \setlength{\leftmargin}{#1}%
>        \setlength{\rightmargin}{#2}%
>        \setlength{\listparindent}{\parindent}%
>        \setlength{\itemindent}{\parindent}%
>        \setlength{\parsep}{\parskip}%
>    }\item[]}%
>    {\end{list}}
>
> Any confirmation of these problems as new?
>
> Best regards,
>  Seb
>
> PS- Something not new, a bit annoying (even if detail):
>    the `#+BEGIN_environment' "meta-tags" must begin at column 0.

- Carsten

* Re: Tables and environment with parameters
@ 2010-06-28 14:30   ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-06-28 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jun 23, 2010, at 11:30 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>
>> I'm filling my taxes now. Of course, using Org for keeping a trace of all
>> computations and reasons of imputing this or that...
>>
>> Though, since one of the last updates -- I guess --, I now have a problem
>> exporting the tables:
>>
>> 1. I see the meta-tags in the PDF output!  Very new...
>>
>> 2. The `changemargin' environment is not correctly handled. See
>>   http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/25849 for more info.
>>
>> Any confirmation of these problems as new?
>
> maybe you could use git bisect to identify the offending commit?
> Thanks!

I'd wanna be more reactive, but I won't be able to do that before a couple of
days.

Reasons are I need first to work on the contents itself (must send my tax
declaration by DEADLINE: [2010-06-30 Wed]!), and I will be out to customers
for at least one day.

Though, in the meanwhile, note that this is not as bad as it could be: in
fact, I'd love to be able to print (when I want it, though) some of the table
meta-information, such as table name and formulas.

That'd be great to see that, at certain times, in the output PDF -- would we
be able to customize its font size or so.

What do you think?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban

* Re: Re: Tables and environment with parameters
@ 2010-06-29  7:28     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-06-29  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jun 28, 2010, at 4:30 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> On Jun 23, 2010, at 11:30 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>>
>>> I'm filling my taxes now. Of course, using Org for keeping a trace
>>> of all
>>> computations and reasons of imputing this or that...
>>>
>>> Though, since one of the last updates -- I guess --, I now have a
>>> problem
>>> exporting the tables:
>>>
>>> 1. I see the meta-tags in the PDF output!  Very new...

Actually, what are meta tags?

- Carsten

>>> 2. The `changemargin' environment is not correctly handled. See
>>>  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/25849 for more info.
>>>
>>> Any confirmation of these problems as new?
>>
>> maybe you could use git bisect to identify the offending commit?
>> Thanks!
>
> I'd wanna be more reactive, but I won't be able to do that before a
> couple of
> days.
>
> Reasons are I need first to work on the contents itself (must send
> my tax
> declaration by DEADLINE: [2010-06-30 Wed]!), and I will be out to
> customers
> for at least one day.
>
> Though, in the meanwhile, note that this is not as bad as it could
> be: in
> fact, I'd love to be able to print (when I want it, though) some of
> the table
> meta-information, such as table name and formulas.
>
> That'd be great to see that, at certain times, in the output PDF --
> would we
> be able to customize its font size or so.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Best regards,
>  Seb
>
> --
> Sébastien Vauban

- Carsten

* Re: Tables and environment with parameters
@ 2010-06-30 10:27       ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-06-30 10:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Jun 28, 2010, at 4:30 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>> Though, in the meanwhile, note that this is not as bad as it could be: in
>> fact, I'd love to be able to print (when I want it, though) some of the
>> table meta-information, such as table name and formulas.
>>
>> That'd be great to see that, at certain times, in the output PDF -- would
>> we be able to customize its font size or so.
>>
>> What do you think?
>
> Actually, what are meta tags?

I mean that the following Org source extract:

#+BEGIN_shaded
    #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrr
    | Code                                                   |    \EUR |  (%) |
    |--------------------------------------------------------+---------+------|
    | 650-96 (recettes brutes)                               | 2660.00 |      |
    | 657-89 (frais professionnels réels)                    |  755.37 | 28.4 |
    | 668-78 (recettes d'indépendant à titre complémentaire) | 2660.00 |      |
    #+TBLFM: @2$2=remote(Recettes_Brutes_NVE,$Total);%.2f::@3$2=remote(Frais_Pro_NVE,$Total);%.2f::@3$3=100*@3$2/@2$2;%.1f::@4$2=@2$2;%.2f
#+END_shaded

gets displayed like this (with a yellow background) in the PDF:

    #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrr
    | Code                                                   |    \EUR |  (%) |
    |--------------------------------------------------------+---------+------|
    | 650-96 (recettes brutes)                               | 2660.00 |      |
    | 657-89 (frais professionnels réels)                    |  755.37 | 28.4 |
    | 668-78 (recettes d'indépendant à titre complémentaire) | 2660.00 |      |
    #+TBLFM: @2$2=remote(Recettes_Brutes_NVE,$Total);%.2f::@3$2=remote(Frais_Pro_NVE,$Total);%.2f::@3$3=100*@3$2/@2$2;%.1f::@4$2=@2$2;%.2f

What I called "meta-tags" are the two lines `#+ATTR_LaTeX:' and `#+TBLFM:'
that weren't visible in the PDF before... Maybe I should say "table
properties".

So, as I said, for checking purpose, or for giving more information (about the
formulas) to the reader, that's no so bad to see that, when asked for.

Of course, it should be formatted properly, and not interpreted as pure LaTeX.
In my example, in the PDF, Brutes is written in subscript because of the
underscore in front of it.

Best regards,
  Seb

--

@ 2010-07-02  4:43         ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-07-02  4:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastian,

this might have been fixed, can you please check?

Thanks

- Carsten

On Jun 30, 2010, at 12:27 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Hi Carsten,
>
> Carsten Dominik wrote:

>>> Though, in the meanwhile, note that this is not as bad as it could
>>> be: in
>>> fact, I'd love to be able to print (when I want it, though) some
>>> of the
>>> table meta-information, such as table name and formulas.
>>>
>>> That'd be great to see that, at certain times, in the output PDF
>>> -- would
>>> we be able to customize its font size or so.
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>
>> Actually, what are meta tags?
>
> I mean that the following Org source extract:

> #+BEGIN_shaded
>    #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrr
>    | Code                                                   |
> \EUR |  (%) |
>    |--------------------------------------------------------
> +---------+------|
>    | 650-96 (recettes brutes)                               |
> 2660.00 |      |
>    | 657-89 (frais professionnels réels)                    |
> 755.37 | 28.4 |
>    | 668-78 (recettes d'indépendant à titre complémentaire) |
> 2660.00 |      |
>    #+TBLFM: @2$2=remote(Recettes_Brutes_NVE,$Total);%.
> 2f::@3$2=remote(Frais_Pro_NVE,$Total);%.2f::@3$3=100*@3$2/@2$2;%.
> 1f::@4$2=@2$2;%.2f
> #+END_shaded
>
> gets displayed like this (with a yellow background) in the PDF:

>    #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrr
>    | Code                                                   |
> \EUR |  (%) |
>    |--------------------------------------------------------
> +---------+------|
>    | 650-96 (recettes brutes)                               |
> 2660.00 |      |
>    | 657-89 (frais professionnels réels)                    |
> 755.37 | 28.4 |
>    | 668-78 (recettes d'indépendant à titre complémentaire) |
> 2660.00 |      |
>    #+TBLFM: @2$2=remote(Recettes_Brutes_NVE,$Total);%.
> 2f::@3$2=remote(Frais_Pro_NVE,$Total);%.2f::@3$3=100*@3$2/@2$2;%.
> 1f::@4$2=@2$2;%.2f
>
> What I called "meta-tags" are the two lines `#+ATTR_LaTeX:' and `#
> +TBLFM:'
> that weren't visible in the PDF before... Maybe I should say "table
> properties".
>
> So, as I said, for checking purpose, or for giving more information
> (about the
> formulas) to the reader, that's no so bad to see that, when asked for.
>
> Of course, it should be formatted properly, and not interpreted as
> pure LaTeX.
> In my example, in the PDF, Brutes is written in subscript because of
> the
> underscore in front of it.
>
> Best regards,
>  Seb
>
> --
> Sébastien Vauban

- Carsten

* Re: Tables and environment with parameters
@ 2010-07-12 19:49           ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-07-12 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten Dominik,

Carsten Dominik wrote:
>> Carsten Dominik wrote:

What do you think of that idea for debugging purpose, or for giving more info
back to the reader?

>> What I called "meta-tags" are the two lines `#+ATTR_LaTeX:' and `# +TBLFM:'
>> that weren't visible in the PDF before... Maybe I should say "table
>> properties".
>>
>> So, as I said, for checking purpose, or for giving more information (about
>> the formulas) to the reader, that's no so bad to see that, when asked for.
>>
>> Of course, it should be formatted properly, and not interpreted as pure
>> LaTeX. In my example, in the PDF, Brutes is written in subscript because of
>> the underscore in front of it.
>
> this might have been fixed, can you please check?

Just updated ([2010-07-12 Mon 21:38]).

Still not OK for the tables enclosed in =org-special-blocks=, well OK for the
other ones:

[...]

  Above this text, below the table, there is a line printed out in the PDF
  with the formula...

  #+TBLNAME: AutresFPNVEDeux
[...]

  Here, everything is normal. Hence, the =changemargin= environment is the
  problem. To be fixed in =org-special-blocks=?

Best regards,
  Seb

--

@ 2010-07-20 15:45             ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-07-20 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sebastian,

This is now fixed, thank you for your report.

- Carsten

On Jul 12, 2010, at 9:49 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> [...]
> 45.67
> +
> 69.03
> +
> 62.93
> +54.16+38.87+39.77+36.35+37.46::@4$3=12*13.99::@6$3=146.50+158.20;%.
> 2f::@7$7=vsum(@-I..@-II);%.2f
> #+END_changemargin
>
>  Above this text, below the table, there is a line printed out in
> the PDF
>  with the formula...
>
>  #+TBLNAME: AutresFPNVEDeux
>  #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrrrrr
>  |   |                                          | Montant total
> (\EUR) | Taux amort (\%) | Part pro. (\%) | Déduc (\%) | NVE (\EUR) |
>  |---+------------------------------------------
> +----------------------+-----------------+----------------
> +------------+------------|
>  |   | Documentation et formation               |
> 51.05 |                 |                |            |       0.00 |
>  |   | Communications GSM                       |
> 831.16 |             100 |             25 |        100 |     207.79 |
>  |   | Internet (Dommel)                        |
> 167.88 |             100 |             33 |        100 |      55.40 |
>  |   | Fournitures à amortir (ordinateur + GSM) |
> 762.51 |              33 |             80 |        100 |     201.30 |
>  |   | Restaurant                               |
> 304.70 |             100 |            100 |         69 |     210.24 |
>  |---+------------------------------------------
> +----------------------+-----------------+----------------
> +------------+------------|
>  |   | Total
> |                      |                 |
> |            |    1062.02 |
>  | ^ |
> |                      |                 |
> |            |      Total |
>  #+TBLFM: $7=$3*$4*$5*$6/1000000;%.
> 2f
> ::@2
> $
> 3
> =
> 51.05
> ::@3
> $
> 3
> =
> 9.00
> +
> 184.88
> +
> 51.22
> +
> 201.82
> +
> 45.67
> +
> 69.03
> +
> 62.93
> +54.16+38.87+39.77+36.35+37.46::@4$3=12*13.99::@6$3=146.50+158.20;%.
> 2f::@7$7=vsum(@-I..@-II);%.2f
>
>  Here, everything is normal. Hence, the =changemargin= environment
> is the
>  problem. To be fixed in =org-special-blocks=?

- Carsten

* Re: Tables and environment with parameters
@ 2010-07-21 19:22               ` Sébastien Vauban
From: Sébastien Vauban @ 2010-07-21 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Hi Carsten,

Carsten Dominik wrote:

>> What do you think of that idea for debugging purpose, or for giving more
>> info back to the reader?

Nobody reacted on this point. Does that mean it's useless?  Or is it still a
wished feature by others?  I would love to have, in many cases, the formulas
printed in very tiny characters just below the tables. What do you all think
of this?

>>> this might have been fixed, can you please check?
>>
>> Just updated ([2010-07-12 Mon 21:38]).
>>
>> Still not OK for the tables enclosed in =org-special-blocks=, well OK for
>> the other ones:
>
> This is now fixed, thank you for your report.

Yep, it works. Thanks a lot!!

Two remarks, though:

- the org-special-block must begin in column 0; otherwise, it fails.

- the faces applied inside the org-special-block are wrong:

There are text properties here:
  font-lock-fontified  t
  font-lock-multiline  t
  fontified            t
  pabbrev-added        t

  The normal faces are not applied anymore for the lines ATTR_LaTeX and
  TBLNAME, among others.

  It should be:

There are text properties here:
  face                 org-meta-line
  font-lock-fontified  t
  fontified            t
  pabbrev-added        t

  Example:

#+BEGIN_changemargin {-4.2cm}{0cm}
    #+ATTR_LaTeX: align=lrrrrr
    #+TBLNAME: Autres_Frais_Pro_FNI
    |   |                                            | Invest. total (\EUR) |
    |---+--------------------------------------------+----------------------|
    |   | Documentation et formation                 |               147.50 |
    |   | Publicité (site Web : DNS + hosting 3 ans) |               214.25 |
    |---+--------------------------------------------+----------------------|
    |   | Total                                      |                      |
    | ^ |                                            |                      |
#+END_changemargin

Best regards,
  Seb

--

@ 2010-08-16 12:01                 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2010-08-16 12:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sébastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jul 21, 2010, at 9:22 PM, Sébastien Vauban wrote:

> Two remarks, though:
>
> - the org-special-block must begin in column 0; otherwise, it fails.

I think I fixed this now.

> - the faces applied inside the org-special-block are wrong:

> There are text properties here:
>  font-lock-fontified  t
>  font-lock-multiline  t
>  fontified            t
>  pabbrev-added        t
>
>  The normal faces are not applied anymore for the lines ATTR_LaTeX and
>  TBLNAME, among others.

Yep, this is a remaining issue.  Not east to solve because fontification
would have to depend on wether org-special-blocks is loaded....

I'll leave that for now, too hard.

- Carsten