* ConTeXt exporter makes me happy
@ 2022-02-24 17:08 Jan Ulrich Hasecke
From: Jan Ulrich Hasecke @ 2022-02-24 17:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear org-mode developers,
dear Jason,

thanks a lot for org-mode and the ConTeXt exporter.
https://github.com/Jason-S-Ross/ox-context

With your help, in the last few months I setup a complete authoring and
publishing environment for my needs with org-mode and ox-context. I
collect my thoughts with org-roam, outline and write my texts with Emacs
and org-mode and typeset my books with ConTeXt. Perfect match!

ConTeXt is a wonderful tool to typeset books. It is much more flexible
than LaTeX and very powerful.

Before ox-context my authoring and publishing setup was a combination of
Markdown, Pandoc and ConTeXt. It was quite perfect and handsome. The
only drawback of this setup is the break between my Zettelkasten
(org-roam) and my publishing tools.

So, I am very happy that ox-context is there and is continually
improved.  The possibility to export to ConTeXt is a good reason to
learn more facets of org-mode which is quite a big beast.

juh

--
Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* ConTeXt exporter makes me happy
@ 2022-02-24 19:12 juh
From: juh @ 2022-02-24 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode-email

[...]

* Re: ConTeXt exporter makes me happy
@ 2022-02-24 19:58 ` Juan Manuel Macías
From: Juan Manuel Macías @ 2022-02-24 19:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: juh; +Cc: orgmode

juh writes:

> thanks a lot for org-mode and the ConTeXt exporter.
> https://github.com/Jason-S-Ross/ox-context
>
> With your help, in the last few months I setup a complete authoring and
> publishing environment for my needs with org-mode and ox-context. I
> collect my thoughts with org-roam, outline and write my texts with Emacs
> and org-mode and typeset my books with ConTeXt. Perfect match!
>
> ConTeXt is a wonderful tool to typeset books. It is much more flexible
> than LaTeX and very powerful.
>
> Before ox-context my authoring and publishing setup was a combination of
> Markdown, Pandoc and ConTeXt. It was quite perfect and handsome. The
> only drawback of this setup is the break between my Zettelkasten
> (org-roam) and my publishing tools.
>
> So, I am very happy that ox-context is there and is continually
> improved.  The possibility to export to ConTeXt is a good reason to
> learn more facets of org-mode which is quite a big beast.

Although I prefer LaTeX to ConTeXt for my typesetting and publishing
work, I agree that ConTeXt is an excellent tool, and for many users it
can provide a number of advantages over LaTeX. I agree also that Jason
has done a great job with ox-context, and I join in the congratulations.

I recommend LaTeX users, and even users of LaTeX via Org-Mode, to give
ConTeXt a try, if you haven't tried it yet. And of course try
ox-context. One of the historical drawbacks of ConTeXt has always been
its poor documentation, compared to LaTeX's documentation (it's not
really deficient, but what abounds is the documentation at a more
technical level). But luckily there is now an excellent ConTeXt
introductory manual, written by Joaquín Ataz López and with translations
(so far) into English, French, Russian and Serbian:

https://github.com/contextgarden/not-so-short-introduction-to-context

Best regards,

Juan Manuel