* Problem with sparse tree not displaying results
@ 2009-11-03 12:30 Chris Randle
From: Chris Randle @ 2009-11-03 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Carsten

I'm using Org-mode 6.32b under GNU Emacs 22.1.1 and Windows XP Pro SP3.

I've just noticed that creating a sparse tree with `C-c / r' is not
displaying matches in my org file. It hasn't always been this way, I
*think* things were working OK around 6.29, but it's hard to be sure.

I've managed to pare my org file down to a few lines that demonstrate
the problem

===============================

* Customers
** Customer A
*** Billing
**** Support during September					    :ARCHIVE:
** Customer B
    07964-xxxxxx

*** Problem with Laptop
** Customer C
*** Current Details

*** Test of 07968 showing up
** Customer D
    01673-xxxxxx
    07968-xxxxxx

*** Laptop slowdown fix
     spoolsv.exe at 99%

===================================

Setting a sparse tree by regexp 0796[48] returns "3 match(es) for regexp
0796[48]", but the tree doesn't expand at the hit locations. If I
manually expand the tree at the locations of the hits, the results are
highlighted. It makes no difference if the hits are in a headline or in
notes beneath a headline.

Remove the ARCHIVE tag from the "Support during September" headline with
`C-c C-x a' and redo the sparse tree. Everything now appears expanded as
I'd expect.

The values of my org-show variables are

org-show-hierarchy-above is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is ((default . t))

org-show-following-heading is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is ((default))

org-show-siblings is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is
((default)
  (isearch t))

org-show-entry-below is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is ((default))

--
Chris Randle