* Marking an item DONE using the most recently logged timestamp
@ 2016-08-02 18:28 Christoph LANGE
From: Christoph LANGE @ 2016-08-02 18:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Dear Org-mode community,

as an extension to
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-07/msg00183.html
(Useful interactive functions for clock logs […]) I implemented another
function you may find useful:

org-todo-mark-done-from-log
https://github.com/clange/emacs/blob/master/.emacs.d/init/org-clock.el#L18
(stable link to current revision:
https://github.com/clange/emacs/blob/d6356d9b90bf02108bfbe226d06911ab4a8bb430/.emacs.d/init/org-clock.el#L18)

This function marks the current item done.  Instead of the current time,
it reports the most recent time logged (clocked) for this item as
closing time.

Use case: you finished a TODO task and logged time on it but forgot to
mark it DONE.

Cheers,

Christoph

--
Dr. Christoph Lange, Enterprise Information Systems Department
Applied Computer Science @ University of Bonn; Fraunhofer IAIS

→ Please note: I will be on parental leave from 29 July to 28 October.
  Colleagues will stand in for me by project.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2016-08-02 18:29 UTC | newest]