Bastien wrote: > Ulf Stegemann writes: > >> If you think --despite of those issues-- it's worth adding the creation >> of gnus links while in message mode I could provide a patch. > > FWIW, I think it would be useful. > >> I'd probably add the functionality to `org-gnus-store-link' but I'm >> not an org code expert and a different location may be more >> appropriate. What do you think? > > Such a change belongs to `org-gnus-store-link' -- I'd be glad to apply a > patch to this effect. Please find a patch attached. I works for me with latest Emacs, Org, Gnus from bzr/git but with all the limitations mentioned earlier in this thread. The patch includes the generation of the `Message-ID' header if none is present. It also removes the `message-deletable' property from that header to prevent Gnus from re-generating the message id and thus breaking the org link. This should (hopefully) work regardless of the value of `message-generate-headers-first', `message-deletable-headers' et al. Ulf