* Problems with agenda search and restiction enabled
@ 2013-04-29  9:34 Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2013-04-29  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I want to perform an agenda search with a restriction to a subtree.

- C-c C-x < on the subtree
- org-agenda s <word>

I get the follwing backtrace

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 85127 226827)
  narrow-to-region(#<marker at 85127 in EmacsNotes.org> #<marker at 226827 in EmacsNotes.org>)
  (if org-agenda-restrict (narrow-to-region org-agenda-restrict-begin org-agenda-restrict-end) (widen))
  ... rest snipped ...

The values in args out of range are valid for point in the file
EmacsNotes.org.

When I start emacs -Q and minmal setup for org the error does not occur.

I did a little debugging with emacs -Q and found out that the error
occurs when I set the variable =org-agenda-text-search-extra-files= to
some files. Now not all files in this variable trigger the error. My
elisp is limited as are my debugging skills. Can someone direct my how
to proceed further.

This is on Win7 with emacs 24.2 and
Org-mode version 8.0.1
(release_8.0.1-4-g148f95 @ c:/daten/users/DE_hts2fe/git/org-mode/lisp/)

Thanks a lot.
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Holst
DGS-EC/ESE4

Tel.   +49 (711) 811-40681
PC-Fax +49 (711) 811-5182208

* Re: Problems with agenda search and restiction enabled
@ 2013-04-29 17:04 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2013-04-29 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Thomas,

Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:

> I want to perform an agenda search with a restriction to a subtree.
>
> - C-c C-x < on the subtree
> - org-agenda s <word>
>
> I get the follwing backtrace
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (args-out-of-range 85127 226827)
>   narrow-to-region(#<marker at 85127 in EmacsNotes.org> #<marker at 226827 in EmacsNotes.org>)
>   (if org-agenda-restrict (narrow-to-region org-agenda-restrict-begin org-agenda-restrict-end) (widen))
>   ... rest snipped ...

This is now fixed in the maint branch of the Git repository.

Thanks for reporting this!

--
 Bastien

* Re: Problems with agenda search and restiction enabled
@ 2013-04-30  7:02   ` Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2013-04-30  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Bastien,

· Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> wrote:

> Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:
>
>> I want to perform an agenda search with a restriction to a subtree.

...snip...

> This is now fixed in the maint branch of the Git repository.
>
> Thanks for reporting this!

thank you for the quick fix. It will be a few days till I have time to
test the fix.

--
Bis neulich ...
  Thomas