* [BUG] gnuplot with dates from a table dosn't work anymore
@ 2014-09-15  8:46 Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2014-09-15  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

after a pull from this weekend generating plots with gnuplot does not
work anymore. It was working perfectly before the pull. I get an error
message saying:

  org-babel-gnuplot-quote-timestamp-field: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

Here is the sample table and babel code:

#+TBLNAME: GewichtSep2014
|   | Date            |   Kg |  $\Delta$ |
|---+-----------------+------+------|
| # | <2014-09-10 Mi> | 90.0 |  0.0 |
| # | <2014-09-11 Do> | 89.7 |  0.3 |
| # | <2014-09-12 Fr> | 88.4 |  1.3 |
| # | <2014-09-13 Sa> | 86.9 |  1.5 |
| # | <2014-09-14 So> | 86.4 |  0.5 |
| # | <2014-09-15 Mo> | 87.0 | -0.6 |
|---+-----------------+------+------|
| # |                 |  3.0 |   [] |
#+TBLFM: $4=@-1$3-$3;%.1f::@8$3=(@I - @II-1);%.1f::@8$4=""

#+begin_src gnuplot :var data=GewichtSep2014[2:-3,1:-2] :exports code :file GewSep2014.png :session :hlines no
  reset
  cd "~/git/org-priv"
  set title "Example"
  set xdata time
  set timefmt "%Y-%m-%d:%H:%M:%S"
  set format x "%d.%m."
  set yrange [80:]
  set xtics nomirror
  set ytics nomirror
  set xtics "2014-09-10:0:0:0", 7*86400  # Datum muss in timefmt sein, Abstand in Sekunden
  plot data using 1:2 with lines lt rgb "blue" title "Gewicht", 84.0 with dots lt rgb "red" notitle
#+end_src

I have git bisected this and it turned out that:

  9209aa3 | * org-table: Use "ox.el" internally for radio tables by
  Nicolas

is the commit which produces the error.

Thanks for looking into this

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Thomas Holst
DGS-EC/ESE4

Tel.   +49 (711) 811-40681
PC-Fax +49 (711) 811-5182208

* Re: [BUG] gnuplot with dates from a table dosn't work anymore
@ 2014-09-15 11:49 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2014-09-15 11:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:

> after a pull from this weekend generating plots with gnuplot does not
> work anymore. It was working perfectly before the pull. I get an error
> message saying:
>
>   org-babel-gnuplot-quote-timestamp-field: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil
>
> Here is the sample table and babel code:
>
> #+TBLNAME: GewichtSep2014
> |   | Date            |   Kg |  $\Delta$ |
> |---+-----------------+------+------|
> | # | <2014-09-10 Mi> | 90.0 |  0.0 |
> | # | <2014-09-11 Do> | 89.7 |  0.3 |
> | # | <2014-09-12 Fr> | 88.4 |  1.3 |
> | # | <2014-09-13 Sa> | 86.9 |  1.5 |
> | # | <2014-09-14 So> | 86.4 |  0.5 |
> | # | <2014-09-15 Mo> | 87.0 | -0.6 |
> |---+-----------------+------+------|
> | # |                 |  3.0 |   [] |
> #+TBLFM: $4=@-1$3-$3;%.1f::@8$3=(@I - @II-1);%.1f::@8$4=""
>
> #+begin_src gnuplot :var data=GewichtSep2014[2:-3,1:-2] :exports code :file GewSep2014.png :session :hlines no
>   reset
>   cd "~/git/org-priv"
>   set title "Example"
>   set xdata time
>   set timefmt "%Y-%m-%d:%H:%M:%S"
>   set format x "%d.%m."
>   set yrange [80:]
>   set xtics nomirror
>   set ytics nomirror
>   set xtics "2014-09-10:0:0:0", 7*86400  # Datum muss in timefmt sein, Abstand in Sekunden
>   plot data using 1:2 with lines lt rgb "blue" title "Gewicht", 84.0 with dots lt rgb "red" notitle
> #+end_src

It should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: [BUG] gnuplot with dates from a table dosn't work anymore
@ 2014-09-16  6:39   ` Thomas Holst
From: Thomas Holst @ 2014-09-16  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Nicolas

· Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr> wrote:
> Thomas Holst <thomas.holst@de.bosch.com> writes:
>
>> after a pull from this weekend generating plots with gnuplot does not
>> work anymore. It was working perfectly before the pull. I get an error
>> message saying:
>>
>>   org-babel-gnuplot-quote-timestamp-field: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil

> It should be fixed. Thank you for reporting it.

thank you for the quick fix. It works like a charm.