Hello, when editing a source block, passing some local variables from the original buffer into the buffer in which the source code is edited might be useful. My use case is passing the value of ‘lexical-binding’ when editing Elisp source code blocks in my literate .emacs so that I don't mistakenly evaluate code in a non-lexical environment thinking it's the opposite instead. I've implemented this with the patch attached to this message, if it's deemed useful, I can revise it for inclusion upstream (just wanted to see what you think about the idea with this one). -- İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp 024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427