* How to stop M-down from opening folded items?
@ 2012-05-07 10:12 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-05-07 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I use M-up and M-down a lot to move items in plain lists up and down in
the list.  In the org-mode delivered with emacs 23 the item you moved
past stayed folded.  But in git org-mode and in 7.8.09, the item you
move past is opened.

Is there a way to get the old behaviour back?  Ie. that items you move
past with M-up or M-down, stays folded?

Thanks!

- Steinar

* Re: How to stop M-down from opening folded items?
@ 2012-05-07 19:32 ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-05-07 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I use M-up and M-down a lot to move items in plain lists up and down in
> the list.  In the org-mode delivered with emacs 23 the item you moved
> past stayed folded.  But in git org-mode and in 7.8.09, the item you
> move past is opened.

> Is there a way to get the old behaviour back?  Ie. that items you move
> past with M-up or M-down, stays folded?

Looking at the code of org-list-swap-items it doesn't look like this is
possible to configure.  But I'm not giving up quite yet.

I tried modifying the value of org-cycle-include-plain-lists.

I had org-cycle-include-plain-lists set to the value of integrate.

But changing the value of org-cycle-include-plain-lists to either nil or
t had no effect on org-list-swap-items, that I could see.

* Re: How to stop M-down from opening folded items?
@ 2012-05-07 20:38   ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2012-05-07 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

>> I use M-up and M-down a lot to move items in plain lists up and down in
>> the list.  In the org-mode delivered with emacs 23 the item you moved
>> past stayed folded.  But in git org-mode and in 7.8.09, the item you
>> move past is opened.
>
>> Is there a way to get the old behaviour back?  Ie. that items you move
>> past with M-up or M-down, stays folded?
>
> Looking at the code of org-list-swap-items it doesn't look like this is
> possible to configure.  But I'm not giving up quite yet.
>
> I tried modifying the value of org-cycle-include-plain-lists.
>
> I had org-cycle-include-plain-lists set to the value of integrate.
>
> But changing the value of org-cycle-include-plain-lists to either nil or
> t had no effect on org-list-swap-items, that I could see.

I think this should be fixed now. Could you confirm this?

Thank you for submitting the problem.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: How to stop M-down from opening folded items?
@ 2012-05-08  9:02     ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2012-05-08  9:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> I think this should be fixed now. Could you confirm this?

I've done
 cd ~/git/org-mode/
 make clean
 git pull
 make
and started a new emacs, and moving list items now works without
unhiding the items moved past.

So I can confirm that it is fixed.

> Thank you for submitting the problem.

Thanks for fixing it!