* Make beamer items ticked or alerted via overlay?
@ 2019-09-05 14:54 Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2019-09-05 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

When writing a beamer presentation with Org, is it possible to use an
overlay to first produce a list, like

- apples
- beetroots
- cauliflowers
- damsons
- eggs

and then either change the colour of some subset of the items, or put a
tick after each one, e.g.

- apples
- beetroots ✓
- cauliflowers
- damsons ✓
- eggs

?

Cheers,

Loris

* Re: Make beamer items ticked or alerted via overlay?
@ 2019-09-06  7:11 ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-09-06  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Yes, it is possible to use overlays in org beamer export.

Depending on what you want to achieve, there are a number of ways to do
this.  One way in to introduce LaTeX directives directly.  For instance,

#+begin_src org
  1. The first point
  2. The second one @@latex:{\only<2->\checkmark}@@
  3. the third point
#+end_src

There are also other examples in section 13.8.4 (Beamer specific syntax)
in the info manual.

HTH.
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-401-gfabd6d

* Re: Make beamer items ticked or alerted via overlay?
@ 2019-09-09  9:06   ` Loris Bennett
From: Loris Bennett @ 2019-09-09  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eric,

"Fraga, Eric" <e.fraga@ucl.ac.uk> writes:

> Yes, it is possible to use overlays in org beamer export.
>
> Depending on what you want to achieve, there are a number of ways to do
> this.  One way in to introduce LaTeX directives directly.  For instance,
>
> #+begin_src org
>   1. The first point
>   2. The second one @@latex:{\only<2->\checkmark}@@
>   3. the third point
> #+end_src
>
> There are also other examples in section 13.8.4 (Beamer specific syntax)
> in the info manual.

Thanks for the pointer (it's actually section 12.8.4 in my version of
Emacs/Org).  I now have

  #+LATEX_header: \newcommand{\mytick}{\color{green}{\tiny{(HPC-Kunden)}}}
     - Physik @@latex:{\only<2->\mytick}@@
     - @@latex:{\only<1>{Rechtswissenschaft}}@@ @@latex:{\only<2>{\color{red}{Rechtswissenschaft}}}@@

which does what I want.

I was wondering, however, whether there is a more compact way to do the
second line, i.e. without having to repeat the text for which I want to
change the colour.

@ 2019-09-09 15:06     ` Fraga, Eric
From: Fraga, Eric @ 2019-09-09 15:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Loris Bennett; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Monday,  9 Sep 2019 at 11:06, Loris Bennett wrote:

[...]

> I was wondering, however, whether there is a more compact way to do the
> second line, i.e. without having to repeat the text for which I want to
> change the colour.

This is really more of a LaTeX question.  In any case, I would do
something like this:

#+begin_src org
  ,* slide
  - first
  - @@latex:\alert<3->{\only<2->{@@second@@latex:}}@@
#+end_src

You could invert the order of only and alert in that line.

And, if you do this a lot, you might wish to start looking at org macros to make it easier and cleaner/prettier.

HTH,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga via Emacs 27.0.50, Org release_9.2.4-420-ga18edf