* calendar in agenda
@ 2007-09-28  0:33 Richard G Riley
From: Richard G Riley @ 2007-09-28  0:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

I can't seem to find how to have calendar items included in my
agenda. Should they be? e.g I have a recurring reminder in my calendar
every tuesday to remind me to "put the bin out" for example. Can this be
shown in my agenda?

* RE: calendar in agenda
@ 2007-09-28 11:28 ` Egli Christian (KIRO 41)
From: Egli Christian (KIRO 41) @ 2007-09-28 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard G Riley, org-mode

Hi Richard

> I can't seem to find how to have calendar items included in my
> agenda. Should they be?

Yes they should. See
http://orgmode.org/org.html#index-calendar-integration-433

HTH
Christian

* Re: calendar in agenda
@ 2007-09-28 14:27 ` Bastien
       [not found]   ` <gxmyv66eiy.fsf@dev.shamrockirishbar.com>
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-28 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

> I can't seem to find how to have calendar items included in my
> agenda. Should they be? e.g I have a recurring reminder in my calendar
> every tuesday to remind me to "put the bin out" for example. Can this be
> shown in my agenda?

To include the diary file in the agenda buffer:

  (setq org-agenda-include-diary t)

To include your org entries in the diary:

  &%%(org-diary :scheduled :timestamp :deadline)

HTH,

--
Bastien

* Re: calendar in agenda
       [not found]   ` <gxmyv66eiy.fsf@dev.shamrockirishbar.com>
@ 2007-09-28 14:53     ` Bastien
       [not found]       ` <wcr6ki4yu3.fsf@dev.shamrockirishbar.com>
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-28 14:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

> I am so sorry - I should have found that. And it works very well. It
> was too late at night and I was relying on google too much as opposed
> to the info file (I can never find anything in info files for some
> reason).

C-h i d m Org TAB RET i diar TAB inte TAB C-u 1 0 C-n

You're here :)

PS: the secret key here is the second `i', which stand for the
Info-index command. I find this to be the most useful command in info.

--
Bastien

* Re: calendar in agenda
       [not found]       ` <wcr6ki4yu3.fsf@dev.shamrockirishbar.com>
@ 2007-09-28 15:12         ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-09-28 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Richard G Riley <rileyrgdev@googlemail.com> writes:

>> PS: the secret key here is the second `i', which stand for the
>> Info-index command. I find this to be the most useful command in info.
>
> what is the C-u 1 0 C-n sequence doing?

Just going 10 lines down (i.e. calling `next-line' 10 times.)

--
Bastien