Hi Bastien, On 11 Dec 2011 at 15:55Z, Bastien wrote: >> When I set #+OPTIONS: H:1, I get what I expect: \section{} is the >> only heading used and second level outline levels are converted to >> whatever my org-export-lower-levels is set to, and the table of >> contents just has the \section{}s in it. >> When I set EXPORT_OPTIONS to H:1, I get \section{} and \subsection{} >> in the body text, but the table of contents only lists \section{}s. > EXPORT_OPTIONS is for a tree, while #+OPTIONS is for the whole doc. Ah perhaps I should have been clearer when describing what I did, sorry. I set #+OPTIONS at the top of the file, and EXPORT_OPTIONS in the properties drawer for the tree I actually want, as you describe, as two cases, and then exported just the tree with C-c C-e 1 d in both cases, to get the behaviour described. The point is that I require the #+OPTIONS to get what I want, when it ought to just work with the EXPORT_OPTIONS since I am just exporting that tree. >> I want the first behaviour myself, but in any case, shouldn’t this >> be consistent between the two? > Maybe you can send an org file as an example? Certainly, you’ll find a stripped down file attached. Thanks! S