* [org-babel] Problem using result of code block with eval no
@ 2015-04-08  9:15 Francesco Pizzolante
From: Francesco Pizzolante @ 2015-04-08  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have an issue when I want to use the result of a code block which
I executed manually (C-c C-v C-e) and then marked with ':eval no'.

Here's what happen when I evaluate the following ECM with C-c C-v C-b:

- the Result1 code block uses the table1 result as input and returns the
  expected output;

- the Result2 code block which should use the table2 result as input,
  gets "nil" instead -- which seems wrong.

Any help is welcome.

Best regards,
 Francesco

* Table1

#+name: table1
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq my-table (quote ((0 "first") (1 "second") ("A" "third"))))
#+end_src

#+results: table1
| 0 | first  |
| 1 | second |
| A | third  |

* Result1

#+header: :var data=table1
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
data
#+end_src

#+results:
| 0 | first  |
| 1 | second |
| A | third  |

* Table2

#+name: table2
#+begin_src emacs-lisp :eval no
(setq my-table (quote ((0 "first") (1 "second") ("A" "third"))))
#+end_src

#+results: table2
| 0 | first  |
| 1 | second |
| A | third  |

* Result2

#+header: :var data=table2
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
data
#+end_src

#+results:
: nil

* Re: [org-babel] Problem using result of code block with eval no
@ 2015-07-20 23:36 ` Grant Rettke
From: Grant Rettke @ 2015-07-20 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Francesco how did this end up?

I just tried it and couldn't reproduce that behavior. Org-Mode warned
me that you can't evaluate block-id table2 so there is no result or
value for the last heading.
Grant Rettke
--
gcr@wisdomandwonder.com | http://www.wisdomandwonder.com/