* error navigating the agenda "org-agenda-earlier"
@ 2011-01-03 23:56 Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-03 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Using org from git today:-

C-c a a to bring up my agenda for the week.

,----
| b runs the command org-agenda-earlier, which is an interactive compiled Lisp
| function in `org-agenda.el'.
`----

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Not allowed in nil-type agenda buffers")
  signal(error ("Not allowed in nil-type agenda buffers"))
  error("Not allowed in %s-type agenda buffers" nil)
  org-agenda-check-type(t agenda)
  org-agenda-later(-1)
  org-agenda-earlier(1)
  call-interactively(org-agenda-earlier nil nil)

The first few "b" presses worked then sometime in my october I got the
above.

If you cant reproduce I can try and narrow it down more.

* Re: error navigating the agenda "org-agenda-earlier"
@ 2011-01-04  0:10 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2011-01-04  0:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Riley; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:

> Using org from git today:-
>
> C-c a a to bring up my agenda for the week.
>
> ,----
> | b runs the command org-agenda-earlier, which is an interactive compiled Lisp
> | function in `org-agenda.el'.
> `----
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Not allowed in nil-type agenda buffers")
>   signal(error ("Not allowed in nil-type agenda buffers"))
>   error("Not allowed in %s-type agenda buffers" nil)
>   org-agenda-check-type(t agenda)
>   org-agenda-later(-1)
>   org-agenda-earlier(1)
>   call-interactively(org-agenda-earlier nil nil)
>
> The first few "b" presses worked then sometime in my october I got the
> above.
>
> If you cant reproduce I can try and narrow it down more.

Hi Richard,

More information would be good.  Things like:

  - what is the SHA1 of the git commit are you on?
  - Is it back that breaks or something on the week you are displaying?
  - Is your org-agenda-files variable a list of files, directories, other?

I can't reproduce this here.  I went back to September 2010 a week at a
time without any problems.  I'm currently using org-agenda-files with a
list of directories instead of files (but I have no idea if that has
anything to do with your problem or not).

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: error navigating the agenda "org-agenda-earlier"
@ 2011-01-04  0:18   ` Richard Riley
From: Richard Riley @ 2011-01-04  0:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: Richard Riley, emacs-orgmode

Bernt Hansen <bernt@norang.ca> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Using org from git today:-
>>
>> C-c a a to bring up my agenda for the week.
>>
>> ,----
>> | b runs the command org-agenda-earlier, which is an interactive compiled Lisp
>> | function in `org-agenda.el'.
>> `----
>>
>> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "Not allowed in nil-type agenda buffers")
>>   signal(error ("Not allowed in nil-type agenda buffers"))
>>   error("Not allowed in %s-type agenda buffers" nil)
>>   org-agenda-check-type(t agenda)
>>   org-agenda-later(-1)
>>   org-agenda-earlier(1)
>>   call-interactively(org-agenda-earlier nil nil)
>>
>> The first few "b" presses worked then sometime in my october I got the
>> above.
>>
>> If you cant reproduce I can try and narrow it down more.
>
> Hi Richard,
>
> More information would be good.  Things like:
>
>   - what is the SHA1 of the git commit are you on?
>   - Is it back that breaks or something on the week you are displaying?
>   - Is your org-agenda-files variable a list of files, directories, other?
>
> I can't reproduce this here.  I went back to September 2010 a week at a
> time without any problems.  I'm currently using org-agenda-files with a
> list of directories instead of files (but I have no idea if that has
> anything to do with your problem or not).

Hi Bernd,

It's a list of files. I will try the list of directories tomorrow AM and
let you know - I dont *think* that was possible when I set my org up ;)

r.