* Problem compiling org-mode for XEmacs
@ 2009-01-25 17:53 Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2009-01-25 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I updated my copy of the org-mode source tree today and tried to compile
it for XEmacs. It failed with the following error (reformatted
slightly with a path shortened):

,----
| xemacs -batch -q -eval "
|   (progn
|     (add-to-list (quote load-path)
|                  (expand-file-name \"./lisp/\"))
|     (add-to-list (quote load-path)
|                  \"~/usr/local/share/xemacs/site-lisp\"))"
|   -f batch-byte-compile lisp/org.el
| Compiling /path/org-mode/lisp/org.el...
| While compiling org-set-emph-re in file /path/org-mode/lisp/org.el:
|   ** variable stacked bound but not referenced
| While compiling org-set-regexps-and-options:
|   !! Wrong number of arguments ((#<subr store-match-data> 2))
| >>Error occurred processing lisp/org.el:
| Wrong number of arguments: #<subr store-match-data>, 2
`----

I see `store-match-data' called on line 8379 of org.el.
Running git-blame against that line shows it not having changed since 22
March 2008.

--
Steven E. Harris

* Re: Problem compiling org-mode for XEmacs
@ 2009-01-25 21:12 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-25 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Steven E. Harris; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Org-mode never calls store-match-date with two arguments.

I can only guess, maybe you have some file that was compiled
for Emacs (not XEmacs), and this file is loaded during the compilation
of Org-mode.

- Carsten

@ 2009-01-25 21:22   ` Steven E. Harris
From: Steven E. Harris @ 2009-01-25 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Org-mode never calls store-match-date with two arguments.

Yes, I see:

,----
`----

> I can only guess, maybe you have some file that was compiled for Emacs
> (not XEmacs), and this file is loaded during the compilation of
> Org-mode.

Well, the Makefile invokes XEmacs with the "-q" switch, so there should
only be core packages loaded. I tried cleaning out all the compiled
files and building org-mode again, to no avail. The error message be
misreporting the offending call. (Not that that assertion helps us find
the problem any more easily.)

--
Steven E. Harris