* Links to Org-mode FAQ
@ 2008-12-16 10:01 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-12-16 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Org-Mode

Dear all,

Sebastian has implemented into his org-info.js to use named
anchors to link to sections of a document.  This is now
finally a god way to link to specific FAQ entries,
without being afraid that the link may not work after
the next FAQ update.

So if you com across a question that can be answered with
a FAQ, go to the FAQ in your webbrowser.  Pressing "l" or "L"
at the location will display a link to this location that you
can copy and paste into the email answer to that question!
You can get HTML links, and Org-style links in this way.

So since this makes the FAQ more useful, if you know a good
answer to a question that is to yet a FAQ, please consider
to format the answer nicely and either send it to one of
the people with Worg access, or get Worg access yourself
and simply add it.

Since we are talking about the FAQ:  Is there anyone here who
would like to volunteer to spear-head the FAQ, by making
it his/her mission to identify good answers and making sure
they will get up into the FAQ?

:-) I think I deserve another volunteer for this after having
fixed all those LaTeX issues even though I had hope someone
else would get in and run point on this part....... :-)

Thanks.

- Carsten