From: Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [ANN] org-jami-bot
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 14:27:20 +0700	[thread overview]

On 18/04/2023 02:22, Hanno Perrey wrote:
> =org-jami-bot= provides hooks
> and functions that extend this to Org mode captures.

Thank you for the idea (I can not say anything concerning implementation
yet) to take advantage of messenger infrastructure for CLI variant of
org-capture. Certainly it is an option when ssh is not available or
overkill. It has caused change of my attitude in respect to chat bots.

Are there chat clients optimized as a kind of terminals for CLI
operation? I mean GNU readline features like TAB completion, incremental
reverse history search C-r, substituting last argument from previous
command M-., executing with selection of next command for edit C-o,
expand history "!" substitutions M-^, multiple kill buffers, etc.? Since
chat driven RPC is more asynchronous than regular terminals, perhaps
variants of sorting for command "output" should be implemented as
threaded grouping or receive order sorting in mail clients.

Earlier I was forced to use a messenger to manage virtual machines even
from a desktop (so when full-size keyboard and mouse are available).
That time I wrote a python tool that was called from shell and sent
arguments to HTTP RPC endpoint used by that bot. Even though it was one
way communication (responses were sent to the messenger), I found it
much more convenient. That is why I started to hate inappropriately used
chat bots.

I admit that messengers have features allowing to create some kinds of
UI with less efforts than web or native applications. It would be great
to have specialized clients and protocol features dedicated for CLI, not
human communications.

Back to Org, are there mobile Org applications that support org-capture
and org-protocol? I mean purely local using of mobile terminal
application and simple tool to sent intentions to the Org App?