Bug: #+latex_header:\input{commands.tex} is not considered in org-preview-latex-fragment. Reason: the fragment is generated in /tmp from where the file commands.tex can not be found. In my case, commands.tex contains essential latex-code for displaying the latex-fragment, so I consider this to be a bug. I have set the environment variable TEXINPUTS in (org-create-formula-image) to work around this bug (see patch). However, this is the first time that I have written something like a patch and furthermore I'm not at all familiar with lisp-programming. So could you please have a look at my solution and tell me if it's complete crap and how it could be done better?! If it's no crap, I presume it should be submitted. Thank you, Benjamin