On 08/11/2022 12:08, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > I feel like this makes the docstring confusing. > > Note that `org-attach-id-to-path-function-list': I have tried to update the docstrings. >> if: No attachment directory is associated with the current node, adjust >> ‘org-attach-id-to-path-function-list’ >> >> I do not think this message is unhelpful. > > With your patch, such message will be displayed even when > `org-attach-preferred-new-method' is set to something other than 'id. > And the message will be wrong then. I have moved `error' call despite I have not figured out how to trigger the error for other options. >> +(defun org-attach-id-fallback-folder-format (id) >> + "May be added last to `org-attach-id-path-function-list'. > > This is not a proper first line in a function docstring. First line must > describe what the function does. I am still unsure that in this case effect is more important than purpose. The function is too specific. P.S. At first I believed that you have some objections concerning changed role of the first function in the list, not just how it is documented.