Carsten Dominik writes: > I'd hate to see Org removed from Emacs. It took a lot of work to get it > in, and I believe that the vast majority of Emacs users does not install > packages. For a newbie to get to Emacs and to be able to open a .org file > is a big plus. So my vote goes toward keeping it in. I agree. Even though I have compiled org from git at times, and have been using emacs since version 16 or 17 in the late 80s (I am fuzzy on dates), I have never actually learned the package system. I also look at org files using the built-in emacs on mac, and various other places. So I think emacs should continue to have a stable version of org, but also that it should be relatively easy to install and use a newer version from a packaging system. (It should also be easy to use org from git, but it is; it's just prepending to load path and I've been doing that with no issues for years.)