* Re: Is it possible to embed tag search as a link?
       [not found] <slrnmo77o4.88m.pisajew@lnb.localnet>
@ 2015-06-20  7:45 ` Jay Dresser
From: Jay Dresser @ 2015-06-20  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Piotr Isajew; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

You could always do it with elisp, perhaps:

   [[elisp:(org-tags-view nil "+work-boss-TODO=\"DONE\"")]]

which would be like "C-c a m"

Or:

   [[elisp:(org-match-sparse-tree nil "+work-boss-TODO=\"DONE\"")]]

which would be like "C-c \".

Change "nil" to "t" for TODO only.

--
Jay Dresser

@ 2015-06-21  8:19 ` Jay Dresser
From: Jay Dresser @ 2015-06-21  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

@ 2015-06-23  4:28   ` Jay Dresser
From: Jay Dresser @ 2015-06-23  4:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Piotr Isajew <pisajew <at> yahoo.com> writes:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > what I'm looking for is a link format that, when C-c C-o'ed,
> > opens agenda "match query" view for custom query which arguments
> > are specified in the link. I.e.:
> >
> > org-search://+work-boss-TODO="DONE"
> >
> > I am aware of org-protocol which can be used to develop a custom
> > handler for something like this. I would just like to check if
> > there exists any working solution before I start working on my
> > own.
> >
> > Bests,
> >
> > Piotr

Jay Dresser <org-mode <at> jaydresser.us> writes:

I just happened to run across this which seems to
better match your original question, to do it as a new link type:
http://endlessparentheses.com/use-org-mode-links-for-absolutely-anything.html

so you could have [[org-search:+work-boss-TODO="DONE"]]

* Re: Is it possible to embed tag search as a link?
@ 2015-06-23  8:48     ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-06-23  8:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Jay Dresser <org-mode-xXGc2EwimHRbgQlg25A7pw@public.gmane.org> writes:
>> Piotr Isajew <pisajew <at> yahoo.com> writes:
>>> what I'm looking for is a link format that, when C-c C-o'ed,
>>> opens agenda "match query" view for custom query which arguments
>>> are specified in the link. I.e.:
>>>
>>> org-search://+work-boss-TODO="DONE"
>>>
>>> I am aware of org-protocol which can be used to develop a custom
>>> handler for something like this. I would just like to check if
>>> there exists any working solution before I start working on my
>>> own.
>
> Jay Dresser <org-mode <at> jaydresser.us> writes:
>
> I just happened to run across this which seems to better match your
> original question, to do it as a new link type:
> http://endlessparentheses.com/use-org-mode-links-for-absolutely-anything.html
>
> so you could have [[org-search:+work-boss-TODO="DONE"]]

When I click on such a link, I have the "error":

No match - create this as a new heading? (y or n)

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban

* Re: Is it possible to embed tag search as a link?
@ 2015-06-23 19:29     ` Piotr Isajew
From: Piotr Isajew @ 2015-06-23 19:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 2015-06-23, Jay Dresser <org-mode@jaydresser.us> wrote:

> I just happened to run across this which seems to better match
> your original question, to do it as a new link type:
> http://endlessparentheses.com/use-org-mode-links-for-absolutely-anything.html

that's a perfect hint. Thank you.

* Re: Is it possible to embed tag search as a link?
@ 2015-06-24  9:34       ` Jay Dresser
From: Jay Dresser @ 2015-06-24  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sebastien Vauban; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Sebastien Vauban <sva-news@mygooglest.com> writes:

> Jay Dresser <org-mode@jaydresser.us> writes:

>> Jay Dresser <org-mode <at> jaydresser.us> writes:
>>
>> I just happened to run across this which seems to better match your
>> original question, to do it as a new link type:
>> http://endlessparentheses.com/use-org-mode-links-for-absolutely-anything.html
>>
>> so you could have [[org-search:+work-boss-TODO="DONE"]]
>
> When I click on such a link, I have the "error":

> No match - create this as a new heading? (y or n)
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb

Did you add the elisp from the article into your .emacs?

Although the article described using "tag" as the link type I displayed
"org-search" since that's what the OP wanted. To get the desired effect
add this to .emacs:

(org-add-link-type
 "org-search" 'endless/follow-tag-link)

(defun endless/follow-tag-link (tag)
  "Display a list of TODO headlines with tag TAG.
With prefix argument, also display headlines without a TODO keyword."
  (org-tags-view (null current-prefix-arg) tag))

I for one will be using this trick a lot!

--
Jay Dresser

* Re: Is it possible to embed tag search as a link?
@ 2015-06-25 11:14         ` Sebastien Vauban
From: Sebastien Vauban @ 2015-06-25 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode-mXXj517/zsQ

Jay Dresser <jay-xXGc2EwimHRbgQlg25A7pw@public.gmane.org> writes:
> Sebastien Vauban <sva-news-D0wtAvR13HarG/iDocfnWg@public.gmane.org> writes:

>>> Jay Dresser <org-mode <at> jaydresser.us> writes:
>>>
>>> I just happened to run across this which seems to better match your
>>> original question, to do it as a new link type:
>>> http://endlessparentheses.com/use-org-mode-links-for-absolutely-anything.html
>>>
>>> so you could have [[org-search:+work-boss-TODO="DONE"]]
>>
>> When I click on such a link, I have the "error":

>> No match - create this as a new heading? (y or n)
>>
>> Best regards,
>>   Seb
>
> Did you add the elisp from the article into your .emacs?
>
> Although the article described using "tag" as the link type I displayed
> "org-search" since that's what the OP wanted. To get the desired effect
> add this to .emacs:
>
> (org-add-link-type
>  "org-search" 'endless/follow-tag-link)
>
> (defun endless/follow-tag-link (tag)
>   "Display a list of TODO headlines with tag TAG.
> With prefix argument, also display headlines without a TODO keyword."
>   (org-tags-view (null current-prefix-arg) tag))

No, I skipped that part -- thinking it was standard.

Thanks.

Best regards,
  Seb

--